ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Rule Changes and Other Modifications

* * * * * 1 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
Rule Changes and Other Modifications

Batman
Batman
    Rep
    I'm Batman.

Threads: 54
Credits: 0

Two years registered

Ambient, on 17 Oct 2023 - 1:44 PM, said:
How would it decrease the value? Have you read my suggestion?

"make it so whenever you reach new user groups goals (e.g. Contributor, Legendary..), the amount of likes you can receive per day gradually decreases."

That way there is balance and control regarding the value of likes.

And if I had to add another suggestion, is that grey members should wait 72 hours or more or alternatively get 50 posts to be able to like posts.

And daily quota should be raised to 3 if so.

it's not very practical, I don't think anyone can reach that amount of likes daily these days so it will be just like if it's not there, it won't make any changes.

Even if you lower it very much, then it will make it harder for those who want to start contributing a lot because they will get as much as those who contributed to get that exact limit, wich makes it not fair.

If you make a limit of likes you receive daily, you are making a limit for the daily contributing.

idk if you got the point or not bcs of my bad english :/

@Ambient

Edited by Superman, 17 October 2023 - 02:07 PM.

LDMEYEK.gif

Batman
Batman
    Rep
    I'm Batman.

Two years registered

And if not with user groups, then gradually with how many likes you have
For example if I have less than 200 - I can receive however many likes as I want to

If I have 200 and more - I can only get 100 likes per day

With 500, 75 likes per day

And so on..

for example, 

what if I don't post stuff daily , but one day I make a lot of useful threads that I get more likes than the limit, then my effort is wasted.

but if i split those threads to be posted on different days i get more likes

it's not logic bro

Edited by Superman, 17 October 2023 - 02:25 PM.

LDMEYEK.gif

Ambient
Ambient
    Rep
    Sense The Ambience

Threads: 374

Five years registered

it's not very practical, I don't think anyone can reach that amount of likes daily these days so it will be just like if it's not there, it won't make any changes.

Even if you lower it very much, then it will make it harder for those who want to start contributing a lot because they will get as much as those who contributed to get that exact limit, wich makes it not fair.

If you make a limit of likes you receive daily, you are making a limit for the daily contributing.

@Ambient

I don't think anyone can reach that amount of likes daily these days

You can, just let us ask for likes and make it more encouraging to post content in one way or another.

so it will be just like if it's not there, it won't make any changes.

I don't understand.

I just gave you an example, if there are people who want to start contributing, they can ask for likes. If they reach contributor UG, the like limits would start to gradually decrease. It doesn't have to be every 100 likes, but if you're getting up in the UGs, then yes.

To be more specific, I think a limit for EACH post per day would be neat.

I do and that's alright. Don't feel ashamed.

for example, 

what if I don't post stuff daily , but one day I make a lot of useful threads that I get more likes than the limit, then my effort is wasted.

but if i split those threads to be posted on different days i get more likes

it's not logic bro

You could also put a dynamic limit for each posts, depending on how many likes each one gets.

But if your thread does explode in popularity, I'd suggest temporarily increasing the like limit by a notch.

I know that it sounds unrealastic, can cause issues and bugs, if it is possible, then do it.

If not, then just limit it for each UG that you get.

If you don't have contributor at all, you can have a 500 likes limit

If you don't have royal but you have contributor, you can have a 350 likes limit
If you don't have legendary but you have royal, you can have a 250 likes limit

If you don't have godly but you have legendary, you can have a 150 likes limit

Or something more balanced to make getting UGs fair and sqaure.

I don't think you can get more than 500+ likes per day if you ask me lol

Batman
Batman
    Rep
    I'm Batman.

Two years registered

I don't think anyone can reach that amount of likes daily these days

You can, just let us ask for likes and make it more encouraging to post content in one way or another.

so it will be just like if it's not there, it won't make any changes.

I don't understand.

I just gave you an example, if there are people who want to start contributing, they can ask for likes. If they reach contributor UG, the like limits would start to gradually decrease. It doesn't have to be every 100 likes, but if you're getting up in the UGs, then yes.

To be more specific, I think a limit for EACH post per day would be neat.

I do and that's alright. Don't feel ashamed.

You could also put a dynamic limit for each posts, depending on how many likes each one gets.

But if your thread does explode in popularity, I'd suggest temporarily increasing the like limit by a notch.

I know that it sounds unrealastic, can cause issues and bugs, if it is possible, then do it.

If not, then just limit it for each UG that you get.

If you don't have contributor at all, you can have a 500 likes limit

If you don't have royal but you have contributor, you can have a 350 likes limit
If you don't have legendary but you have royal, you can have a 250 likes limit

If you don't have godly but you have legendary, you can have a 150 likes limit

Or something more balanced to make getting UGs fair and sqaure.

I don't think you can get more than 500+ likes per day if you ask me lol

this requires so much work, it will change the whole UGs system.

now all we can ask for is increase the number of likes members can give :sadge:

LDMEYEK.gif

Ambient
Ambient
    Rep
    Sense The Ambience

Five years registered

this requires so much work, it will change the whole UGs system.

now all we can ask for is increase the number of likes members can give :sadge:

It won't be as effective as re-working on the like system.

Sukesada
Sukesada
    Rep
    Social Engineer

Threads: 58
Credits: 8

Seven years registered
I think you should change the vouch copy rule.

It currently says "should be given" which could mean that it best to give to royal or above.

But "must only be given" would clearify thats its only allowed to give to royal and above.

Cv3X8Ah.gif

Discord: Sukesada. | Telegram: Sukesada

Ambient
Ambient
    Rep
    Sense The Ambience

Five years registered

people below 2 months account age should not be allowed to create a thread in exchange section as many scammers flooding it already by creating new account every few days and by offering lucrative rates scamming people and worse (as discussed sir)

This should also apply to other sections of the forum, too many G2A Scams and Crypto advertisements are posted here.

here's a good suggestion,

mods when they give a warning to someone they should have a proof regarding the warning since warning points can't be removed.

i got a warning point by bob 2 days ago and the reason was rep4rep,and i didn't do any re4prep stuff (it's not fair)

i'm a mod on other forum and i do take screenshots as proofs when giving warning/bans to people (people who are active and contribute not people who leech) just in case someone tried to appeal (i delete screenshots after 3 days of giving a warning/ban)

They should put it in more details or in a separate button, also warning points should expire at a certain point if you behaved well for 6 months or more since the last warning

to separate the marketplace  for customers that they can easily find for what they look as example:

-Paid Tools Marketplace

-Separating of Combos Marketplace and Config Marketplaces

-Hire a Coder Marketplace

As well a suggestion that  the  Config and Combos marketplace  getting tested from the Staff team since many people sell there stuff who is basically not a penny worth 

+1

Few modifications;

• Auto-ban system in SB if you post cashlinks, or threads. Threads is an exception for staff.
  • Scan sub-links in thread for cashlinks. For example pastebin paste that contains cashlink. Will still be Automatically banned.
  • If NSFW allowed next year. Have NSFW flairs on threads (Like Reddit has). And a filter to filter out all threads that have (NSFW Flair).
  • Before you can post / chat. You must take part of a X question quiz about the rules here. Will prevent people from not reading the required rules.

Flairs are a great idea for the forum, same with taking a question quiz about the rules here.

Ambient
Ambient
    Rep
    Sense The Ambience

Five years registered

I think none of the requests here recently are being taken into consideration by staff, same goes for suggestions.