ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

FTID with heavy items?

• Please log in to reply
FTID with heavy items?

rorer15600
rorer15600
    Rep

Threads: 1
Credits: 0

Three years registered

You cant avoid it SE is a numbers game you win some and you lose some. That's why people have 10 different claims going at once so they are garaunteed to make some money. Smartest thing to do is avoid FedEx if you can they are known to have more procedures and more intense investigations than other couriers. Plan your Faketids carefully and accordingly for the highest chance of success.

While I agree that some will fail - the point of my post is to try to minimize the chance of failure. I understand SE's failing, but refunds failing are a little bit more pressure. I have 4 other SE's going which I couldn't really care less about if they fail, I can just try again. But a $10k refund I definitely do not want to fail. Thus, I'm trying to get advice for what I can do to "plan my FTID carefully and accordingly for the highest chance of success" lol 

you can add weight to ur ftid parcel and try to use a box with similar dimensions as the one you are supposed to ship if you're that worried about couriers noting about your package weight+dimensions.

Well, that defeats the purpose of FTID. You want the package to be disposed of, not investigated.

wildmadolche
wildmadolche
    Rep
    Addicted

Threads: 4
Three years registered

While I agree that some will fail - the point of my post is to try to minimize the chance of failure. I understand SE's failing, but refunds failing are a little bit more pressure. I have 4 other SE's going which I couldn't really care less about if they fail, I can just try again. But a $10k refund I definitely do not want to fail. Thus, I'm trying to get advice for what I can do to "plan my FTID carefully and accordingly for the highest chance of success" lol 

Well, that defeats the purpose of FTID. You want the package to be disposed of, not investigated.

Not really, if you dry ice the box then the random person who receives the empty box will probs throw it out as well. Just combine basic boxing with ftid? pretty simple lmao

rorer15600
rorer15600
    Rep

Three years registered

Not really, if you dry ice the box then the random person who receives the empty box will probs throw it out as well. Just combine basic boxing with ftid? pretty simple lmao

Hmm.. I suppose so. I don't necessarily agree they'll probably throw it out, but I doubt they'll take the time to track an order to it. I'm just worried that this really leaves it to chance though (they may keep the box/ keep note of the tracking # and see if anybody reports that package) - my personal belief is to always focus on every detail of the SE to make sure it succeeds. Maybe it's a little paranoid, but I'd rather be on the paranoid side than lose $10k. Also, personally, I believe if you're going to dry ice, then you shouldn't FTID as the main purpose of dry ice is to show that you actually sent the item, and that they know your order corresponds to the (now empty) package.

However, on the flip side, if I wanted to keep adamant on sending a package they would for sure throw out, how to go about dealing with the company not having any records of the package and carrier's manifest showing a package that couldn't be right? I feel like the fact that the company doesn't have the physical package to cross-check the courier's manifest should be a major advantage, but I'm not sure how to totally use it to my advantage.

Edit: 
Thinking about it, I guess the only risk of sending the dry ice with FTID is that the chances of them disposing the package will be lowered. On the flip side, if they do dispose of the package, you have stronger proof you sent the item back. It's a double-or-nothing gamble in my opinion.

Also, to note, the company I have in mind isn't a huge company and isn't totally inundated with orders. It's not like they don't have the manpower to investigate odd packages.

Edited by rorer15600, 14 June 2020 - 02:30 AM.

wildmadolche
wildmadolche
    Rep
    Addicted

Threads: 4
Three years registered

Hmm.. I suppose so. I don't necessarily agree they'll probably throw it out, but I doubt they'll take the time to track an order to it. I'm just worried that this really leaves it to chance though (they may keep the box/ keep note of the tracking # and see if anybody reports that package) - my personal belief is to always focus on every detail of the SE to make sure it succeeds. Maybe it's a little paranoid, but I'd rather be on the paranoid side than lose $10k. Also, personally, I believe if you're going to dry ice, then you shouldn't FTID as the main purpose of dry ice is to show that you actually sent the item, and that they know your order corresponds to the (now empty) package.

However, on the flip side, if I wanted to keep adamant on sending a package they would for sure throw out, how to go about dealing with the company not having any records of the package and carrier's manifest showing a package that couldn't be right? I feel like the fact that the company doesn't have the physical package to cross-check the courier's manifest should be a major advantage, but I'm not sure how to totally use it to my advantage.

Edit: 
Thinking about it, I guess the only risk of sending the dry ice with FTID is that the chances of them disposing the package will be lowered. On the flip side, if they do dispose of the package, you have stronger proof you sent the item back. It's a double-or-nothing gamble in my opinion.

Also, to note, the company I have in mind isn't a huge company and isn't totally inundated with orders. It's not like they don't have the manpower to investigate odd packages.

Just an fyi when you say not a huge company, don't be doing small companies cause they have way higher chances of failure for ftid. But yea if you're adamant on not using dry ice/a box then there's nothing much you can actually do to manipulate the package itself. Also if an ftid fails you can always say stuff like, "Oops my brother sent the wrong package, can I return it again" And then they will just most likely say yes and you return it normally for ur money.

rorer15600
rorer15600
    Rep

Three years registered

Just an fyi when you say not a huge company, don't be doing small companies cause they have way higher chances of failure for ftid. But yea if you're adamant on not using dry ice/a box then there's nothing much you can actually do to manipulate the package itself. Also if an ftid fails you can always say stuff like, "Oops my brother sent the wrong package, can I return it again" And then they will just most likely say yes and you return it normally for ur money.

Thanks for the advice. I'm well-aware. Was just hoping for some insight on what other people do when in this situation. 

lvarTheBoneless
lvarTheBoneless
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Threads: 5

Four years registered
Looking for this question too! I wonder how do people ftid Tv on store like samsung walmart because fedex is recording weight.

itsKori
itsKori
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Three years registered

Hey do you know if I can make them come and pickup when doing FTID or I have to drop off

BobLaZar
BobLaZar
    Rep
    Veteran

Threads: 165

Four years registered
Pay a boxer..
Tahts what they do.
Leave it to the people who doit all the time is my advice

12 months iptv £20.

STB EMU......The Best.