ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

FTID with heavy items?

• Please log in to reply
FTID with heavy items?

rorer15600
rorer15600
    Rep

Threads: 1
Credits: 0

Three years registered

If company opens an investigation with the courier after receiving your tracking number, won't they find out the package weight/dimensions do not match at all with the expected weight and thus fail the SE?

Edited by rorer15600, 11 June 2020 - 02:34 AM.

rorer15600
rorer15600
    Rep

Three years registered

bump - hoping somebody can answer? :)

Jay875
Jay875
    Rep
    Veteran

Threads: 55

Five years registered

If company opens an investigation with the courier after receiving your tracking number, won't they find out the package weight/dimensions do not match at all with the expected weight and thus fail the SE?

It will work regardless of how heavy the item is unless maybe its FedEx they actually record weight and dimensions.

rorer15600
rorer15600
    Rep

Three years registered

It will work regardless of how heavy the item is unless maybe its FedEx they actually record weight and dimensions.

I can guarantee all couriers record weight and dimensions.

Jay875
Jay875
    Rep
    Veteran

Five years registered

I can guarantee all couriers record weight and dimensions.

They don't do as much as you think I know what im talking about.

wildmadolche
wildmadolche
    Rep
    Addicted

Threads: 4
Three years registered

Couriers do technically look at it but most of them look at just the weight to see if the label covers the cost for the weight. They don't actually record anything down, they just check to see if you paid enough money for the shipment.

MrMorningstar
MrMorningstar
    Rep
    What is it you desire most?

Threads: 21

Six years registered
Some record weight. My national post service even displays it on the track and trace

“A deal’s a deal, especially one with the Devil. ” 
-Lucifer Morningstar

rorer15600
rorer15600
    Rep

Three years registered

Couriers do technically look at it but most of them look at just the weight to see if the label covers the cost for the weight. They don't actually record anything down, they just check to see if you paid enough money for the shipment.

Correct, the couriers themselves don't really care about the package as long as the postage is paid for. Though I know USPS will refund for overpaying postage from auditing process. 

They do have records of everything though, in case of investigations. 

They don't do as much as you think I know what im talking about.

The couriers definitely record weight and dimensions of every package they receive on consignment and it's all stored within their databases. The package details are necessary for cost of freight to ensure that the postage has been properly paid for on the shipper's end, as well as for investigations (and I'm sure as well for data collection, though this is just a personal thought). Some packages (I believe most nowadays) are randomly selected for auditing as well throughout the shipment process.

If you have actual sources proving otherwise, then please do prove me wrong. I'm just trying to learn as much as possible, and my knowledge is only from reading lots of different threads and talking with various courier employees. 

I have many successful FTID SE's, so I'm not doubting the method works when performed properly. (Though the methods contained within Bob's e-book have many inconsistencies in my opinion and are definitely not what I would use for FTID.) 

However, I've seen in various forums from various users about their FTID failing because the company reports that the package weight and dimensions do not add up at all. I want to know how to best avoid that situation, and if that situation were to arise, how to go about it. 

Jay875
Jay875
    Rep
    Veteran

Five years registered

Correct, the couriers themselves don't really care about the package as long as the postage is paid for. Though I know USPS will refund for overpaying postage from auditing process.

The couriers definitely record weight and dimensions of every package they receive on consignment and it's all stored within their databases. The package details are necessary for cost of freight to ensure that the postage has been properly paid for on the shipper's end, as well as for investigations (and I'm sure as well for data collection, though this is just a personal thought). Some packages (I believe most nowadays) are randomly selected for auditing as well throughout the shipment process.

If you have actual sources proving otherwise, then please do prove me wrong. I'm just trying to learn as much as possible, and my knowledge is only from reading lots of different threads and talking with various courier employees.

I have many successful FTID SE's, so I'm not doubting the method works when performed properly. (Though the methods contained within Bob's e-book have many inconsistencies in my opinion and are definitely not what I would use for FTID.)
However, I've seen in various forums from various users about their FTID failing because the company reports that the package weight and dimensions do not add up at all. I want to know how to best avoid that situation, and if that situation were to arise, how to go about it.

You cant avoid it SE is a numbers game you win some and you lose some. That's why people have 10 different claims going at once so they are garaunteed to make some money. Smartest thing to do is avoid FedEx if you can they are known to have more procedures and more intense investigations than other couriers. Plan your Faketids carefully and accordingly for the highest chance of success.

wildmadolche
wildmadolche
    Rep
    Addicted

Threads: 4
Three years registered

you can add weight to ur ftid parcel and try to use a box with similar dimensions as the one you are supposed to ship if you're that worried about couriers noting about your package weight+dimensions.