ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

So a car was towed... Now collections is after me?

• Please log in to reply
So a car was towed... Now collections is after me?

SavageHustle
SavageHustle
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Threads: 12
Credits: 0
Four years registered

TL:DR

>sold a car

>was only $500, pretty old didnt have storage for winter, gave a good deal

>Since it was so cheap, i said F the "bill of sale" or writting down her information, if you have cash take her away heres the title.

>month later got mail from police dept and tow company

>she left it on the side of the road, under my name

>month after that now tow company is like pay us for storage or we will send collections

lol what do I do, I have her facebook account, shes still in school, left the school police a few voicemails asking what to do. (since police can look up a drivers license by name, DOB etc)

no word back.

Theres pictures of her in front of my car I sold her, so theres proof of her owning it, messages on facebook of the purchase. 

has anyone been in this situation or have advice?

usglobal
usglobal
    Rep

Threads: 15

Five years registered

The car is under your name. Id say get a lawyer for whatever the police situation is exactly about and explain specifics to them...

As for bill let it go to collections. When collections call ask them to verify the debt by mail and call them back after to agree on a much smaller amount paid off per month or in one lump sum. (tell them your poor, etc..)

SavageHustle
SavageHustle
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Threads: 12
Four years registered

The car is under your name. Id say get a lawyer for whatever the police situation is exactly about and explain specifics to them...

As for bill let it go to collections. When collections call ask them to verify the debt by mail and call them back after to agree on a much smaller amount paid off per month or in one lump sum. (tell them your poor, etc..)

I'm not in any legal troubles by any means, just a $50 parking ticket + whatever the towing company is gonna hit me with.

But there's no way to go to civil court or anything or no way for police to help even if I provide evidence of the car was completely out of my hands, heres the day of the messages, the day of sale, picture of her with the keys and car day of sale.

or am I F'd for being a lazy cunt and not transferring the title

jamespark12
jamespark12
    Rep
    Lurker

Threads: 0
One year registered

No, collections is not after you. If a car was towed, the towing firm is generally the one that is after you for payment. Depending on why the automobile was towed and where it was towed from, you may need to contact the towing company, the police department, or the city/town hall to find out how to pay the charge to get your car back. So you guys use this jrop.com services. They were fast, friendly, and professional. On schedule and without incident, they towed my automobile. If you need a dependable tow truck, you should use jrop's towing services. The maximum towing capacity of the service is rav4 towing capacity. This services is really worth to visit.

Walton87a
Walton87a
    Rep
    Lurker

Half year registered

It's important to consult with a legal professional to get advice tailored to your specific circumstances.

Gather evidence: Collect all the evidence you have related to the sale, such as messages, photos, and any other documentation that proves the car was sold to the buyer.

Consult with a lawyer: Consider reaching out to a lawyer who specializes in vehicle sales or contract law. They can provide guidance on your rights and obligations in this situation.

Contact the police department: Continue trying to get in touch with the police department to report the situation and provide any evidence you have. They may be able to assist or guide you further.

Respond to the tow company: If the tow company continues to demand payment for storage, you may need to respond to them in writing. Explain the situation, provide evidence of the sale, and assert that you are not responsible for the storage fees. Again, consulting with a lawyer can be beneficial in formulating an appropriate response.

Keep records: Maintain a detailed record of all communication, including dates, times, and the parties involved. This documentation will be useful if you need to dispute any claims or defend your position.

Remember, it's crucial to seek professional legal advice to understand your rights and responsibilities in this situation. Pay by Plate Ma

Edited by Walton87a, 15 June 2023 - 06:47 AM.

easybuy
easybuy
    Rep

Threads: 2
Half year registered

nice

standard_3.gif

jaxxion
jaxxion
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 3
Half year registered

That is nice. Thanks

iimmigrant2
iimmigrant2
    Rep

Half year registered

tell them ur homeless

davidpay
davidpay
    Rep
    Lurker

Half year registered

Thank you. Your example didn't work for me but I managed to fix it, which was basically the same thing!

PayByPlateMa

davidpay
davidpay
    Rep
    Lurker

Half year registered

Thank you. Your example didn't work for me but I managed to fix it, which was basically the same thing!

PayByPlateMa