ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

How are proxies made?

• Please log in to reply
How are proxies made?

Sniveling
Sniveling
    Rep
    bro dont call me that

Threads: 92
Credits: 0

Six years registered

I never really know how these were made. How are private proxies obtained? Using a scanner that scans on ips with open ports and uses them? Is that what people do? Anyways, I got no clue. This information isn't widely known so I thought maybe one of you would know.

TrackiT
TrackiT
    Rep

Threads: 1
Four years registered

Some are hacked web servers with basically no security,wordpress sites are a popular target as a lot are poorly managed with CVE's for outdated software,weak or default credentials on admin panels/SSH connections and people come along and install packages to setup a proxy server on it so it listens for incoming connections on a certain or multiple ports,Others are rented VPS/Dedicated servers that people setup as proxies to use themselves or rent out for others to use. And some are setup by companies as free proxies and posted on online(however I'd be cautions of these as they are usually setup to log everything that passes thru and can and will be handed over to LE if they are asked for it (depending on what you did thru said proxy!) And lastly there are the honeypot proxies setup by people trying to steal username/passwords or anything else interesting/valuble that passes thru them. Point of the story << Stay away from free proxies,and the same goes for free VPN's they make money by selling your data! Buy a VPN & proxies from a good provider in lenient jurisdictions  that hopfully don't keep extensive logs!  Hope that cleared up at least some of your question.

tenypoo
tenypoo
    Rep

Threads: 0
Four years registered

There are different types of proxies, the most common is a tunnel, which just acts as a connection between you and the website.

shir00
shir00
    Rep
    Junkie

Threads: 17

Five years registered

Some are hacked web servers with basically no security,wordpress sites are a popular target as a lot are poorly managed with CVE's for outdated software,weak or default credentials on admin panels/SSH connections and people come along and install packages to setup a proxy server on it so it listens for incoming connections on a certain or multiple ports,Others are rented VPS/Dedicated servers that people setup as proxies to use themselves or rent out for others to use. And some are setup by companies as free proxies and posted on online(however I'd be cautions of these as they are usually setup to log everything that passes thru and can and will be handed over to LE if they are asked for it (depending on what you did thru said proxy!) And lastly there are the honeypot proxies setup by people trying to steal username/passwords or anything else interesting/valuble that passes thru them. Point of the story << Stay away from free proxies,and the same goes for free VPN's they make money by selling your data! Buy a VPN & proxies from a good provider in lenient jurisdictions  that hopfully don't keep extensive logs!  Hope that cleared up at least some of your question.

thnx mate for the useful information :) it would be great if you write some post like that

Selling tiwtch sub 0.5 $ for each 201m4gic#9997