ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Finding a purpose

• Please log in to reply
Finding a purpose

Sockuske
Sockuske
    Rep

Threads: 2
Credits: 0
Four years registered

Coming up on 3 years of trying to figure out my life and what i'm meant to do, any advice? I'm 19 ( yea i know i'm still young and it's normal ) and i have not a fucking clue what i wanna do for the rest of my life. Day in and Day out i sit at my setup watching youtube, playing vidya, and being sad, all my friends are doing something with their lives whether it'd be uni or work, I envy them for having somewhat of an idea of what they want to do for the rest of their lives.

Borislav
Borislav
    Rep
    C# is love

Threads: 44

Four years registered

Get a job, make yourself occupied with something, you won't have the time to think negatively. Learn a new skill, programming, config making, something you might like, once you get hooked into it, you won't feel sad or anything.

Sockuske
Sockuske
    Rep

Four years registered

Get a job, make yourself occupied with something, you won't have the time to think negatively. Learn a new skill, programming, config making, something you might like, once you get hooked into it, you won't feel sad or anything.

I've applied to several places several times and never got a call back ( its hard to get hired with no experience ), as for learning a new skill, Trust me i've tried, but i have a tendency to give up a week or days later.

Borislav
Borislav
    Rep
    C# is love

Threads: 44

Four years registered

Start an internship then

SkullMasterHD
SkullMasterHD
    Rep

Threads: 4
Five years registered

I've applied to several places several times and never got a call back ( its hard to get hired with no experience ), as for learning a new skill, Trust me i've tried, but i have a tendency to give up a week or days later.

You could work as a freelancer online. It doesn't get you a lot but a nice bit of money on the side while you look for a main job, working for someone else other then yourself seems a bit more important if that makes sense since I get more jobs done for other than myself.

Edited by SkullMasterHD, 11 November 2019 - 04:19 PM.

Habibo1
Habibo1
    Rep

Threads: 1

Four years registered

Go on youtube, find a youtuber you actually like to listen to and follow his tutorial on anything (programming, designing, ...) There is a huge difference listening to X and Y. With X you'd only listen/follow like 2 videos for example and then drop because it's too boring, complicated or you simply don't like the person. For Y it might look completly different and you wait for his new releases impatiently lol

AlleyWayShoppin
AlleyWayShoppin
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 0
Four years registered

With the future being evidently revolved around technology, do what another person suggested and learn a programming language perhaps?

Edited by AlleyWayShoppin, 11 November 2019 - 06:59 PM.

Sockuske
Sockuske
    Rep

Four years registered

You could work as a freelancer online. It doesn't get you a lot but a nice bit of money on the side while you look for a main job, working for someone else other then yourself seems a bit more important if that makes sense since I get more jobs done for other than myself.

I'm not really "good" at anything though, so i doubt i'll do be able to do freelance.

Reconsider
Reconsider
    Rep
    Junkie

Threads: 28

Four years registered

Aye man im about to turn 19 too, i still have no clue what i wanna do with my life but all i know is i wanna be a boss and not work a 9-5. Whatever you do just out and keep yourself busy, you will find your passion in the little things you do everyday. Hang in there b 

rorydonald
rorydonald
    Rep

Threads: 1
Four years registered

Do what YOU WANT TO DO dont be lazy, find a hobby, and work from there!