ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Legalities of "Account & Gift Card Checking" in comparison to other illicit actions?

• Please log in to reply
Legalities of "Account & Gift Card Checking" in comparison to other illicit actions?

Wage
Wage
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 6
Credits: 0

Four years registered

I am curious, and therefore looking to do research on the penalties if (somehow) arrested in relation to account or gift card checking. What are the crimes considered under the law? How would these compare in relation to something such as credit card fraud (carding), or warranty fraud (social engineering)? I am looking to base it primarily on the United States justice system, however I would be happy to learn or research into any country regarding this topic.

Perhaps someone may be able to contribute any articles related to an arrest or sentencing of someone inside of this community or scene?

Discord: Wage#6545

AngelDustSlave
AngelDustSlave
    Rep
    QLF

• PipPipPipPip
Threads: 18

Four years registered
It's a special type of bruteforce hacking, so I think it counts as hacking. For gift cards I do not know if it's legal or not.

I don't have discord anymore.

Wage
Wage
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 6

Four years registered

It's a special type of bruteforce hacking, so I think it counts as hacking. For gift cards I do not know if it's legal or not.

Neither form is considered legal, was just interested in the penalties.

Discord: Wage#6545

tabgui
tabgui
    Rep
    Addicted

Threads: 19

Four years registered
I’ve never heard of anybody getting prosecuted for “hacking”. Personally I was threatened by companies that they would report it to my local police but it was simply a bluff. The closest I heard to someone getting in trouble was in Canada in which someone got arrested for using $1000 cracked gift cards.

Griffen294
Griffen294
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 0
Four years registered
Nice