ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Windows 10: The Advantages And Problems To Migrate To The New System

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
Windows 10: The Advantages And Problems To Migrate To The New System

pruned_6638079
pruned_6638079
    Rep
    Dante003

• PipPipPip
Threads: 1
Credits: 0
Eight years registered

>>> What features your PC will win (and lose) when you upgrade to Windows 10

In the laptop

I installed Windows 10 on my laptop and I was amazed at how the transition had no problems. Well, now I'm having some problems.

It all started very well. I spent most of my second day with the Windows 10 just working on my ThinkPad newly updated without notice anything too with my usual routine. I talked to my colleagues in Slack, wrote and edited posts Chrome etc., in much the same way I did in Windows 8.

In addition, the new interface gestures in Windows 10 are fantastic. I realized that I am using these gestures all the time, to deal with the relatively small screen of my ThinkPad.
My laptop has a 12.5-inch touchscreen and 1366 x 768. In other words, do not have much space. But as you can see above, a disorderly stack of windows is no problem, because I can always find what I'm looking for.

What if I drag a window to the side (or press Win + left), the new OS helps me organize this mess.

Let's say I want to leave the laptop open 180 degrees, flat, and only use the touchscreen - something I sometimes do on a couch or bed. There is a Tablet Mode button I can touch with your thumb (honestly, there are so many buttons) on the Action Center that opens by sliding the right edge.

Tap it, and whatever is in the interface will be full screen, and most of its items on the taskbar disappear, so you do not touch them accidentally while using the fingers. (If you want, you can display these buttons going in the settings.)
Windows-10-dia-dois-3.gif
And if you have two windows open side by side before activating the Tablet mode, you will not miss any of them: in fact, you can resize them in real time by dragging a splitter.

That said, dragging windows around the touchscreen is not as easy as it should be. Often, she wandered to the edge of a window with my finger and had just resizing. It's strange to me that Windows 10 on my laptop for $ 800 is not better in dragging windows than a Flip Chromebook $ 280.

Even in tablet mode, the volume and battery icons are too small to play reliably with a finger. For some reason, these things are not duplicated in the Action Center pane, then you need to use these icons. I have not found an easy way to make them bigger.
Windows-10-dia-dois-4-970x647.jpg
Thanks to Cortana, buttons are not always necessary. You can just talk to your computer and (for example) ask you to turn off Bluetooth. I spent a good half hour just asking to Cortana to tell me jokes, convert currencies, set reminders, and endure my sense of humor.

OK, I promised you some pain. Where Windows 10 is really bothering me? Well, I discovered that the scroll with two fingers my touchpad no longer works in Chrome. I'm sure it worked the day I updated, and it still works anywhere else: in Microsoft Edge browser (which also does a great pinch-to-zoom, incidentally), Evernote, my files, among others. But Chrome does not. And the solution that people suggest in Google's support forums does not.

Then when I was processing some RAW files in Adobe Photoshop (which seemed to migrate normally), the entire computer was terribly slow. I could not move the mouse pointer, and the letters do not appear when I pressed the keys. I've edited numerous RAW files in the same machine running Windows 8, and has never been that bad.

I opened the resource manager and saw that the processor and hard drive were both at 100%, but I do not remember it does in Windows 8. I do not know if Windows 10 is just letting Photoshop fully use system resources or if it just works worse when it is overloaded.

Another thing that is annoying me is the way the Windows 10 urges you to use your new applications. When I got the upgrade was a settings screen that asked me if I wanted to use the new apps Photos, Movies and TV Shows, and Microsoft Edge browser. Stupidly, I said yes; the option to change it is relatively hidden - does not have the shape of a button, it is a small text at the bottom left. Then I opened each image was shown on the photos instead of Irfanview.

However, as noted by my colleague Chris Mills - who is also testing the Windows 10 - even if you say you do not want to use these system apps, it will still question their previous standards for those choices. Will pop up a window: "Are you sure even you want to continue using Google Chrome, instead of switching to Microsoft Edge?"
Windows-10-dia-dois-2.jpg
Fortunately, there is a check box. And you can just type "default" in the search bar to find the section of standard control panel programs, and fix these problems.
In the Desktop Computer
The most frustrating part of upgrading to Windows 10, however, was not on my laptop (so far): I set up my PC for gaming is giving me more problems. It is a full sized ATX tower with Intel Core i5-2500K processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, a motherboard ASUS P8Z68 Pro-V (with built-in Bluetooth), an SSD drive, three hard drives, three monitors, and various peripherals.

Again, I was impressed at how he upgraded from Windows 8.1 with no problems. All my apps, all my settings, all the icons on my desktop were exactly where I left in all three monitors. Even my sticky notes were intact. And he remembered the exact position of my three monitors, even though I keep two of them horizontally and one vertically (I read many web pages and use Tweetdeck), and although they are not connected to my graphics card in order right!

But still, from the beginning, it was clear that the upgrade would not be as smooth as on my ThinkPad. Windows has had some errors immediately, saying that some obscure software system needed some crucial files to run. My mouse Razer Mamba only worked when I hung up and connected again to the computer. When I started to drag applications to the sides of the screen, I saw momentary graphical glitches on all three of my monitors. Maybe you need to reinstall the video card driver?

The Windows 10 did not recognize my network printer, only when I completely blacked out all drivers and downloaded a Samsung installation package. I am surprised that Windows 10 was unable to add it from the menu "Add a printer" when Windows 8 had no problems with it. Were about 15 minutes to fix it, but I usually know what I'm doing - is not the case for all the millions of Windows users around the world.

And then we have the Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, which migrate smoothly to Windows 10 on my laptop, but not on my desktop. Whenever I try to start them, Windows tells me that this is not possible, as there are DLL files that are missing. Wow. I reinstalled them, and they do not even work. I think I'll have to find these DLLs. (Google tells me that they are probably part of a redistributable package Visual C ++.)

My colleague Chris are using Windows 10 on a desktop computer that he set up, and had no major problems: it uses two plates GTX 970 and had no graphical glitches; MadCatz and the mouse works just fine, as well as a makeshift solution to a wireless Apple keyboard work on Windows.

However, Photoshop is devouring more resources than normal: Chris usually ends a day's work with ten imaging guides open in the program, which should not be a problem - it has 32 GB of RAM, after all. But in this build of Windows, Photoshop dominates the resources, leaving the entire operating system slow in a way we've never seen before.

Anyway, I'm impressed with the Windows 10 so far, but the migration was less painless than I thought, and still need to solve some problems.

Do not forget to rate> <

Schliaaatzerboy
Schliaaatzerboy
    Rep

Threads: 2
Eight years registered

I love windows 10 so much *-*

pruned_6638079
pruned_6638079
    Rep
    Dante003

• PipPipPip
Eight years registered

I love windows 10 so much *-*

I'm enjoying it VERY well, but has some minor bugs to be fixed, but other than that this great

Schliaaatzerboy
Schliaaatzerboy
    Rep

Threads: 2
Eight years registered

I'm enjoying it VERY well, but has some minor bugs to be fixed, but other than that this great

I have the same opinion :) but Microsoft has made a great OS so far.

pruned_6638079
pruned_6638079
    Rep
    Dante003

• PipPipPip
Eight years registered

Wow, so many likes, if someone has any questions about the system please ask, I will be very happy to help!

**Love to see this, "LOVE"**

skitched-20110920-213618.jpg

pruned_78206707
pruned_78206707
    Rep
    Lurker

• Pip
Threads: 0
Eight years registered
Regarding the match, the system is running normally or is fighting?
I saw some people complaining about it

pruned_6638079
pruned_6638079
    Rep
    Dante003

• PipPipPip
Eight years registered

Regarding the match, the system is running normally or is fighting?
I saw some people complaining about it

The system is running normally several games (including you have minecraft for win10 for free for a while)
Some games are presenting minor problems with dll's or plugins, but it sure will be corrected with the next atts

gema
gema
    Rep

Eight years registered

eles falaram que iria sair de graça mas eu n achei agora eu achei brigadoa

pruned_6638079
pruned_6638079
    Rep
    Dante003

• PipPipPip
Eight years registered

eles falaram que iria sair de graça mas eu n achei agora eu achei brigadoa

Post only in English, it is one of the things they ask for, and ordinated > < is good to help
image.jpg?noCache=1440365394

vipi
vipi
    Rep
    Lurker

Threads: 0
Eight years registered

ty