ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Why Does My Memory Offset Subtract By One After Looping?

• Please log in to reply
Why Does My Memory Offset Subtract By One After Looping?

DeniCevap
DeniCevap
    Rep
    CSharper

Threads: 5
Credits: 0
Eight years registered

I am updating my CSGO hack because CSGO got an update yesterday. But suddenly the code that has worked for three months, stopped working. More specificlly, the glowhack stopped working. If I comment out the glowhack then everything else works. So I've debugged my hack and found out that my bDormant offset subtracts by 1 after 6 loops..

PUfKImV.png

It is crashing at

bool Engine::GetDormant(DWORD player)
{
std::cout << "GetDormant called\n";
return *reinterpret_cast<bool*>(player + 0xE9);
}

As soon as it tries to return the bool... I've debugged enough and found this is the cause, but I can't see why it crashes randomly.. the offset is correct and it has worked until the last update

The hack is crashing with this exception -
Unhandled exception at 0x10096674 in csgo.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000000E8.

It seems like after 6th iteration suddenly it starts reading my offsets - 1.. So instead of the bDormant offset "E9" it reads "E8".. why? I am reading the same offset everytime but somehow it changes...

I posted this in the C++ section because I think this is more of a programming issue than the game..

Edited by DeniCevap, 19 August 2015 - 07:22 PM.

emptieness
emptieness
    Rep

Threads: 10
Eight years registered

The exception seems to me as if your hack tries to read from the memory address 0xE8 instead of using it as an offset.

pruned_77531721
pruned_77531721
    Rep

• PipPip
Threads: 0
Eight years registered

I'm guessing GetEntityById is spitting out weird pointers? Should run a sanity check on those.

I usually prefer my entity iteration and drawing separate too, would make it easier?