ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

HQ Thread Design

• Please log in to reply
HQ Thread Design

smouuk
smouuk
    Rep
    Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
Threads: 0
Credits: 0
Eight years registered

Love the design language

pruned_75399412
pruned_75399412
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Six years registered

Perfect, the meaning of clean 10/10

NitrogenX
NitrogenX
    Rep
    Graphic Designer/Biomedical Engineer

Threads: 5

Eight years registered

8.5/10

I always appreciate minimalistic designs. A good choice of colors for your design, with soft colors so it's easy to read while maintaining a strong contrast for focus for specific details.

Only feedback I'd give is when choosing the game logos, since there's only two, the CSGO logo is a little overpowering against the single 'L' for the League logo. Maybe changing to the League of Legends logo that maintains its whole title would help. Although to keep it minimal, I'd say it'd be better to change your CSGO logo to this one.

Edited by NitrogenX, 21 December 2017 - 11:43 PM.

Lukecetion
Lukecetion
    Rep
    Lurker

Six years registered

While it is a fine (more so than I see these days) and basic thread design, as with everything it can be improved (quite a lot actually).

The header has one glaring issue, there is no clear focus. There is a top undertitle for some reason, a title, a second undertitle and a "learn more" element for some reason. The focus is all over the place, the two biggest causes for this is the top undertitle which serves no purpose and the "learn more" which also serves no purpose. Hence I'd recommend that those are removed. There is also a part of the header that stands out in a really odd way, that is the main text and logo. For some reason it has a very weak gradient of almost pure black. This is odd because of two reasons. The first is that the rest of the design doesn't have any pure black color, making it stand out for no real reason and not in a good way. It breaks with the rest of the design in a bad way to say it in another words. Now let us talk about that gradient, I am certain that anyone who just looked at it wouldn't notice, but it simply appears out of place so I double checked with Photoshop, which revealed said gradient. It appears to be the result of layering something above it and then decreasing the opacity of said layer (as the color changes rather randomly). 

It makes no sense, is completely wasted and just add to the "this feel really out of place" feeling. Now what I am about to say affects almost the entire remaining design. That is the lack of size and weight contrasts. The titles of each section is the same size and weight as the rest of information text. A title is suppose to stand out above the main text, and while the spacing does some of that work, you've completely neglected size contrast making it again lose focus (albeit nothing severe). I'd also like to talk about the color contrast used, which also helps the headers somewhat. However, it is ruined by the fact that you used it in the information text, which makes the focus fall over the place. Now comes to another problem, though this has to do with the flow. The separators both cut off and ruins the flow, but it also becomes repetitive from the first one.  There are already a lot of "dots" in the design, and we've already seen the logo. It feels like the message you're trying to get across is getting shoved down my throat. Making it more annoying to read over than enjoyable. The ruined flow also doesn't help it. 

Sjankez
Sjankez
    Rep
    #MakeTheGraphicsSectionGreatAgain

Threads: 16
Seven years registered

While it is a fine (more so than I see these days) and basic thread design, as with everything it can be improved (quite a lot actually).

The header has one glaring issue, there is no clear focus. There is a top undertitle for some reason, a title, a second undertitle and a "learn more" element for some reason. The focus is all over the place, the two biggest causes for this is the top undertitle which serves no purpose and the "learn more" which also serves no purpose. Hence I'd recommend that those are removed. There is also a part of the header that stands out in a really odd way, that is the main text and logo. For some reason it has a very weak gradient of almost pure black. This is odd because of two reasons. The first is that the rest of the design doesn't have any pure black color, making it stand out for no real reason and not in a good way. It breaks with the rest of the design in a bad way to say it in another words. Now let us talk about that gradient, I am certain that anyone who just looked at it wouldn't notice, but it simply appears out of place so I double checked with Photoshop, which revealed said gradient. It appears to be the result of layering something above it and then decreasing the opacity of said layer (as the color changes rather randomly). 

It makes no sense, is completely wasted and just add to the "this feel really out of place" feeling. Now what I am about to say affects almost the entire remaining design. That is the lack of size and weight contrasts. The titles of each section is the same size and weight as the rest of information text. A title is suppose to stand out above the main text, and while the spacing does some of that work, you've completely neglected size contrast making it again lose focus (albeit nothing severe). I'd also like to talk about the color contrast used, which also helps the headers somewhat. However, it is ruined by the fact that you used it in the information text, which makes the focus fall over the place. Now comes to another problem, though this has to do with the flow. The separators both cut off and ruins the flow, but it also becomes repetitive from the first one.  There are already a lot of "dots" in the design, and we've already seen the logo. It feels like the message you're trying to get across is getting shoved down my throat. Making it more annoying to read over than enjoyable. The ruined flow also doesn't help it. 

I actually appreciate these kind of messages, direct and constructive. I will take in account everything you said, apart from the so-called gradient you're talking about. Could you please specify what you mean with that, since I used no gradients whatsoever in the design.

cNsJpDr.png

pruned_40787624
pruned_40787624
    Rep

• PipPip
Threads: 3
Six years registered

10/10

123qwert123
123qwert123
    Rep