ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

False Expectations Due to a Twisted System of Values

• Please log in to reply
False Expectations Due to a Twisted System of Values

JetskiGod
JetskiGod
    Rep
    THE JETSKI GOD

Threads: 60
Credits: 2

Four years registered

Part of a book I'm writing:

-

"It truly is not an easy task to be (and remain) normal in a world where the system of values is completely twisted, a world where immorality is glorified and advertised on every corner.

-

This is a very complex subject and a thousand-page book for itself. I will try to cover it within one paragraph.

-

Society, TV, our surroundings, formal education, social media, etc., have all influenced the way we think and look at things. They've set the standards of the world and (sub)consciously encoded it in each one of us. Luxury, debauchery, adultery, drugs, fame... A twisted system of values. If you're not involved, you will be looked at as someone who is “living in the 15th century”, a fool, a crazy person, someone who “doesn't enjoy life”, etc. So you adapt to this lifestyle because you want to feel like you belong – you start chasing those ideals. Some (most, actually) will feel good and will think that it's the way to go, but sooner or later, there will come a bill to pay. That bill can be a range of things, from the worst illnesses, diseases, addictions, and mental states, all the way to death. The worst thing is, most will realize that this is not “life”, but they won't know any better as that lifestyle has become a part of their identity – their comfort zone.

-

The sole purpose of this book is to present you with what happiness truly is, how to achieve it and how to cherish it.

-

Our lives are also often unsatisfactory because we spend our time worrying about what has happened or what might happen instead of living. The problem, however, isn’t the worries themselves. Rather, because you identify with these worries, they dominate you. So, when you’re under a lot of stress, do not think “I’m now fully aware that I’m going through some sad feelings,” but instead “Oh God, everything’s messed up and there’s absolutely no way out.”

-

We’re all faced with misfortune at some time or other. Rather than simply giving up because we feel unable to handle the situation, we could employ the following three strategies: First, we should let go of our egos and trust in our ability to handle situations as they arise. For example, we’ve all had a computer stop working for apparently no reason, usually when we’re in the middle of doing something important. And most of us have experienced a delayed flight, disrupting our schedules for the day or missing an important event.

-

“Why is this happening to me?” we often ask ourselves. We feel this frustration because such situations seem to be in direct conflict with our intentions.
First, you have to know that there is no such thing as “random”. Everything that has ever happened to you, happened for a reason. Sometimes, we can see the reason (you might realize years later why something happened), sometimes we can't. Acknowledge it, accept it, and move on with your life.

-

Another strategy is to practice being mindful of our environment.
Take, for example, Charles Lindbergh, the first person to fly solo across the Atlantic. Taking such an apparent risk would’ve struck fear into most people, but rather than focusing on his fear, Lindbergh paid attention to the intricacies of the cockpit – the levers, knobs, and even the welding marks. By being mindful, Lindbergh was freed from his anxiety.

-

Thirdly, instead of giving up in the face of difficult situations, you should use them to discover novel solutions."

Hennessy
Hennessy
    Rep
    Webslinger

Threads: 7
Credits: 0

Two years registered

I take a liking to deep conversations due to the fact that most people don't think too deeply about life.
A lot of things are fast paced and people don't really want to take the time to think out those things and why those things could be going the way they are going.

Evaluation
I like to watch people like Kanye or Jim Carrey as they have been through struggles and other things that people don't fully understand because they listen to news stations and fan talk before evaluating what someone is saying.
People are so easily influenced because humans need something to believe in which is understandable because a lot of us are just curious by nature and want to know the truth and what's morally right, some more or less than others though.

I could use the common youtube "drama" genre that's been around for a while. Videos like "OMG SHE CHEATED WHEN I DID THIS"  or "CONDOM PRANK ON GiRLFRIEND" or "GOLD DIGGER PRANK ON WOMAN PT5" are all videos of the viewer being influenced by an "influencer". The video editor/channel leader will make these videos to try and either entertain or fool the audience into thinking something is real but the truth is really the opposite. It's all left for interpretation due to no actual evidence of foolery and that's the way they make money, not knowing that people genially believe something is real.

I'll just stop here and leave it at that but HQ Thread!

-Miles  <3

Dragony
Dragony
    Rep
    Like roses, we blossom, then die.

[STAFF]
Threads: 372
Credits: 150

Six years registered

Very interesting.

WtxhleU.gif

Confirm through a PM to check if you're really dealing with me off-site.

Dragony (188307981589282816) on Discord. xSnowLeopardx on Telegram.

< Rules  Upgrade  Support >