ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

The truth about :pepeD: spam

• Please log in to reply
The truth about :pepeD: spam

l100
l100
    Rep
    Boxer

• PipPipPipPip
Threads: 64
Credits: 0

User has joined recently.
Make sure to use a MiddleMan.
Two years registered

The beginning:

After weeks of looking into why spamming :pepeD: was allowed I recently came across something, unlike usual my web browser was going slow which isn't very common unless I'm doing much web-gaming which I don't do so I thought nothing of it until I started to think more about why :pepeD: was allowed to be spammed in shoutbox but unusable anywhere else and so the truth unravels, I started off thinking it was a way to get more users into sb to get more purchases of ranks but the truth really is more sinister. I completely forgot about this until I remembered a reddit post about bitcoin-mining images: these images had been designed in a specific way to allow them to mine bitcoin, but could only be used on gifs.

The adventure:

After downloading a copy of the gif I inspected it carefully for many hours looking for anything that seemed out of the ordinary but as it seemed it was a regular gif file this was until I saw that there was a single error on the image, which actually had one frame missing as opposed to the sb version and so I began to look into what was happening and through a lot of research I discovered that the image that you download when right clicking and saving as an image is replaced by a fake image to stop would-be attempts to find out the truth, but I managed to retrieve the original file by looking through all the network requests and piecing the gif together

The truth:

After piecing it together and opening the gif I instantly noticed my computer becoming sluggish and unresponsive until I closed it. And now writing a post about how the entire emoji is being allowed to be spammed since every instance of the emoji earns $0.05/instance/person viewing it.

TL;DR: :pepeD: is a crypto miner

(joke) please don't ban me @Jocker

VIzId5o.gif

l100#7151 - discord (id: 871710659321163796)

Rusty
Rusty
    Rep
    t.me/refundall

Threads: 300

Five years registered

pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif

Please only contact @iamsupportbuddy on Telegram for all of our services (RefundAll, etc.)

Feel free to always PM me on forums before dealing with us on Telegram, do not fall for impersonators!

ARMj2tQ.png

Agile
Agile
    Rep
    Forgotten.

Threads: 255

Six years registered

pepeD.gif  

Regorce
Regorce
    Rep
    R E G O R C E

Threads: 889

Four years registered

Ty pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif pepeD.gif

LovelessBye
LovelessBye
    Rep
    Junkie

Threads: 49

Five years registered

--------------------------

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FnhKD7Hr

Robert008
Robert008
    Rep