ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

PayPal payment money on Hold problem?

• Please log in to reply
PayPal payment money on Hold problem?

666bored666
666bored666
    Rep
    Veteran

Threads: 7
Credits: 0

Three years registered

Hello it's my first time using paypal as a method to receive payment but i've created it long ago so far all the payments i received (from commissions) are on hold is there a way i can change that and move them to my balance and will the happen to me every time i receive a payment from someone please if someone knows enlighten me as i'm kinda new to this.

Thanks in advance

JavaQuality
JavaQuality
    Rep
    Veteran

Threads: 77

Four years registered

PayPal usually only keeps incoming transactions for 24 hours on hold, and there should be steps on how to get that money added to your balance if there's no specified time on when payments are being released.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmed

ExjadeDigital
ExjadeDigital
    Rep
    Exjade Digital

Threads: 3

Three years registered

PayPal usually only keeps incoming transactions for 24 hours on hold, and there should be steps on how to get that money added to your balance if there's no specified time on when payments are being released.

Mine always on-hold for 10+ days. account is 4 years old and and an established seller but didn't change anything.

JavaQuality
JavaQuality
    Rep
    Veteran

Threads: 77

Four years registered

Mine always on-hold for 10+ days. account is 4 years old and and an established seller but didn't change anything.

Did you ask PayPal about that?

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmed

ExjadeDigital
ExjadeDigital
    Rep
    Exjade Digital

Three years registered

Did you ask PayPal about that?

Yes but they always repeat the same thing about add tracking id, I told them I can't because digital product/service don't have that and they told me to tell my customers confirm receipt and my on-hold money will be release (thats not the point of answer but they kept repeat that).

KuroyukiRenee
KuroyukiRenee
    Rep
    Lurker

Three years registered

If you're coming from a third world country + spike in activity (unused then suddenly a lot of transaction coming in), it's completely normal. Just make sure that you have your identity etc so even if they suddenly limit you, you can give the proof that you're a legit user.

DripyDad
DripyDad
    Rep

Threads: 0
Three years registered

t

AlexHoole
AlexHoole
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Four years registered

As I know, there is a problem with write-offs when they occur manually. All automatic debits occur very quickly and without delay. Of course, just in case, it is better to contact PayPal technical support. I agree with the authors above, any change in activity, or moving in  geo-location (a sudden transaction from Eastern Europe, for example), can hold operations, and even freeze the account. But if your withdrawals are automated (for example, subscriptions), they should pass without problems. That's why I like to use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

when traveling. At least I forget about this problem during the trip)

Edited by AlexHoole, 18 September 2020 - 05:19 PM.

IanPullman
IanPullman
    Rep

Threads: 1

Three years registered

As I know, there is a problem with write-offs when they occur manually. All automatic debits occur very quickly and without delay. Of course, just in case, it is better to contact PayPal technical support. I agree with the authors above, any change in activity, or moving in  geo-location (a sudden transaction from Eastern Europe, for example), can hold operations, and even freeze the account. But if your withdrawals are automated (for example, subscriptions), they should pass without problems. That's why I like to use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

when traveling. At least I forget about this problem during the trip)

Where can I find some more feedback?

fahd555
fahd555
    Rep
    Lurker

Three years registered

thank you so much