ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

How did you learn Python?

• Please log in to reply
How did you learn Python?

captaintj01
captaintj01
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Threads: 13
Credits: 0
Five years registered

I am starting my journey on learning to code. Its been 5 days since I started. 

I would love to hear your experience on how you learned to code and what advice would you give me :)

Alexej27
Alexej27
    Rep
    Brian kinda cute

Threads: 613
Credits: 12

Five years registered

use udemy

and practise as you might learned a lot but you you need to test it / use ur knowledge

7VWaouY.png

zxItWSY.jpg

Where bob

ogMeowz
ogMeowz
    Rep

Threads: 0
Three years registered

Well the first step with any language is to learn the syntax.

Python 3 Syntax (click me)

The next thing you should do is start a project. You already probably know what you want to do.

Now I am going to assume your project is going to need libraries, so the next thing you should do is read the docs on your library.

Your going to make some mistakes, things aren't going to work, so your going to have to play around with things, and read documentation.

I can't think of anything else to add into this other then this: Don't watch Youtube videos, and copy code, chances are your going to learn some bad habits and they will stick with you for a long time. I will also add, always ask the reason why, and not how. Knowing how is great, but unless you know why it works you're never going to adapt to your situations, improvise, and overcome them.

Goodluck with your journey. Python is an easy scripting language, and I am sure you will have a load of fun with it.

captaintj01
captaintj01
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Five years registered

Well the first step with any language is to learn the syntax.

Python 3 Syntax (click me)

The next thing you should do is start a project. You already probably know what you want to do.

Now I am going to assume your project is going to need libraries, so the next thing you should do is read the docs on your library.

Your going to make some mistakes, things aren't going to work, so your going to have to play around with things, and read documentation.

I can't think of anything else to add into this other then this: Don't watch Youtube videos, and copy code, chances are your going to learn some bad habits and they will stick with you for a long time. I will also add, always ask the reason why, and not how. Knowing how is great, but unless you know why it works you're never going to adapt to your situations, improvise, and overcome them.

Goodluck with your journey. Python is an easy scripting language, and I am sure you will have a load of fun with it.

Thanks bro, I just started learning and some things are going over my head. I keep taking small projects and I keep failing in them, but I guess thats part of learning. 

ogMeowz
ogMeowz
    Rep

Three years registered

Thanks bro, I just started learning and some things are going over my head. I keep taking small projects and I keep failing in them, but I guess thats part of learning. 

I messaged you my discord, hit me up if you need any help.

captaintj01
captaintj01
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Five years registered

I messaged you my discord, hit me up if you need any help.

Thanks, check your messages

jbzd12345678
jbzd12345678
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Three years registered

It depends on what do you want to do.

If you want to just write Python scripts, you should learn syntax from any online course (a lot of free stuf is available) and later practise writing some programs, e.g. web crawler is nice for beginning.

Otherwise if you want to use Python for web development do not spend too much time on learning Python itself and try to learn Django as soon as possible from here https://www.djangoproject.com/start/