ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Why League, As A Game, Is Killing Itself.

• Please log in to reply
Why League, As A Game, Is Killing Itself.

crankygzuz
crankygzuz
    Rep

Threads: 1
Credits: 0
Four years registered
So since 2016, there has been a decline of league of legends players, there are no new players to the game, and all the old players are quitting, so, what makes this game so unnatractive to new players? Is it because there are many more games that are currently popping off? I for one, think that it is mainly because riot and tencent as companies, are really bad..
They lack care about their playerbase, and although they try all they can to keep their players addicted to the game, it's not making the game any better.
Another reason, is that the game is just plainly unfair, for example an adc, let's say, Caitlyn, can have 500 dmg auto attacks at a speed of 1.73 a second, which.. is completely unacceptable, and their crits, and lifesteal just make it worse, let's say a melee toplaner, like... For example aatrox, who has 300 damage per q (maybe up to 600) as a main damage input for him, and heals around 150, as a supposedly sustain/healing champ, compared to let's say, a jhin with 1k crits, and a bloodthirster, that is 20% more lifesteal, he heals more than an aatrox, whilst jhin being a heavy damage ADC, and not having any sort of sustain in his kit..
Another reason in my opinion, is that the report system, and the community, is just, horrible.. let's say, someone is playing a game, they are losing lane, and they get mad because the jungler won't help, and then everyone in his/her team starts annoying him/her, and then they get salty, they tilt and end up swearing in chat, then, someone who isn't even offended, and just reports them because they think it's funny, gets a good message from riot that they banned someone, and that person will obviously hate the game more because an account that he spent time and money on just got took away because he was essentially being bullied, which is unfair.

In conclusion, I think riot really needs to change their game and systems, it's unfair and the playerbase is being hurt. Reply and tell me your side of this situation so I could expand this topic, thank you for your time :)

Cursed
Cursed
    Rep
    l

Threads: 318
Credits: 25

Five years registered

spitting fax

s8oOYnp.gif

injury
injury
    Rep
    Slatt

• PipPipPipPipPip
Threads: 34

Deal with caution
User has an open scam report.
User has joined recently.
Make sure to use a MiddleMan.
Four years registered

Nah, problem with new players is the constant smurfs and lack of knowledge to get better. There's been so many changes to League it's hard for a lot of veteran players to even keep up. Riot's tutorial is actual dogshit but they won't change it again bc they think it's good. Early levels you're forced to have 2 summoner spells (ghost heal) so they auto think it's supposed to be 2-1-2 all game and for most levels, and it doesn't teach them early on how to play. They need to add advanced guides such as wave management / last hitting / Jungle clear / Routes. Riot doesn't care about new players though :) As long as veterans such as ourselves force ourselves to play this game because it's sadly an addiction.

rgk9qPA.gif

Partiboi69
Partiboi69
    Rep
    Shameless Leecher - 69 God - Shoutbox Slave

Threads: 6

Six years registered

This is a long over-done talk about something that everyones already known for a while. I'm not gonna waste the time to break down what you're saying, but no, league will never die no matter how bad the balance is, the gameplay is, the price is, and when it does Ten-Riot will have found something to replace it.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Flastfm.freetls.fastlyAlways keep it unprotected :ok_hand_skin_tone_69:

ImCheap
ImCheap
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Threads: 12

Four years registered

I think you are heavily exaggerating the situation.

Most of the stuff you have written is balance issues, which always changes in patches. Its part of the game that some champions get more stronger or weaker than some others, thus changing the meta = Making the game more variable.

On the other hand, toxicity is part of League's "culture", its not riot's problem. They already have pretty good methods not eliminating them fully, but keeping it in control. The problem is within the community itself.

Tl;DR : The game is not any near of dying. It's still one of the most popular and played esports title the market has.

Glaciers
Glaciers
    Rep
    Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
Threads: 0

Four years registered

League will probably never die.It is too big of a market in Korea/China and there is a multi billion dollar chinese telecommunication firm behind it.But balance forsure is a big issue and I would love a buff to adc or toplane so they can impact the game more like in the old seasons.

pikapika12345
pikapika12345
    Rep

Threads: 2
Five years registered

Toxicity is basically 0 compared to years ago, imbalance creates balance and keeps the game fun, even if 50% leave the coming year there will be plenty of players left for a long time.

Many who don't play LoL anymore still watch Pro games as well.