ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

nope

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
nope

Clout
Clout
    Rep
Threads: 341
Credits: 10

Six years registered

Almost 4 years ago, I founded my second tech startup company. I started and run it all by myself till the next 1.5 year where I got our first angel investment of 50K euros and made the first hires.

I left my friends, family, studies back in Thessaloniki and went to Athens to fully pursue it full time. I left my GF Anastasia in Thessaloniki and we tried a long-distance relationship.

Everything was like a dream. People were praising me at such a young age, my friends admired me.

1 year later, we got a Venture Capital and 3 angel investors from Boston and San Francisco to put another 100K euros in our startup. We expanded our operations and our team.

Meanwhile, my long-distance relationship with Anastasia was getting sad and ugly so recently we decided to end it forever.

In summer 2019 we had to hit some major sales goals which we didn't. We couldn't secure a follow-on investment. The team and board got upset. I made some mistakes but man... I've tried my best!

As of now that i am writing this, I just got off a 2-hour call with our board of directors. They decided to remove me from CEO, leaving me with no job, no salary, no board voting rights.

I had 52% equity in my startup but the "Reverse founders vesting" clause that I've signed..... says that If I leave before the 1st year of the contract... I am just keeping 5%.

Now, I have to go back to my studies. No friends since they all graduated. No girlfriend. Went from 52% of shares to just 5%. I fucking founded this company myself, I fucking brought all these people together!

I am so embarrassed to even tell it to my year-long friends or family....

I am taking a step back.... taking a break.... life isn't fair.

fuck dude, this is bad. i feel sad as well sir:(

as im getting into my first weeks of having economics on my subjects, ill quote my book:

"Entrepreneurship is the act of taking the 3 other factors of production, taking the risk, and combining them to maximise profit."

you man, youre the one that had the balls to take the risk and mix everything and anyone that was available and utilise them to the max. And you did. And I am really proud of you for that.

I may have not told you but you are who id like to be in the future. A passionate man with a fire burning inside of him to create. You took that fire inside of you, found the balls, and turned it into a product that collected a 6-figure amount of money for development and testing. That is not a small amount. And I admire you for that.

Even if i am some pixels on your screen, id like for you to know that you have helped me with actually getting a picture of who i want to be 10 years down the road. Someone with the passion and the balls to take up something this big.

Please do not think of this as a waste of time. This experience is something that literally the .1% has. That is going to prove very useful for you in the near future. Do not forget that. Plus it is definitely the reason youd get tons of great offers from offices all around the world.

I'd like to thank you for your contributions to this forum, and thank you for helping me understand what id like my life to be down the road.

wherever you are in life, you have a great group of friends here that will support you and will hear you out without thinking twice.

Thank you homesickerino <3 <3 <3

Check my bumping service here, it's the only thing I do right now and I do it properly.

I'm not really active and I dont do a lot of stuff nowadays, if you want to contact me then DM me on @CloutNTO on Telegram.

If you want me to reply, tell me exactly what you want before I open your messages.

Gaakiet
Gaakiet
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 1
Credits: 0

Five years registered

Sad story bro

Vertx
Vertx
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Threads: 2
Four years registered

Don't give up man, at least now you've got plenty of experience in these business fields, sometimes failures just happen in life, but as long as you keep going you will still be successful and lead a great life! :) :) :) 

Vamdamas
Vamdamas
    Rep
    Veteran

Threads: 32

Five years registered

Damn, that's how it works tho, the system is fucked up some times. You can't trust nobody if you talking money, because everyone will just look at you as an opportunity to steal and make money from you, no hard feelings at all, just business.

But keep your head up G, don't let those fools ruin your life, the worst is in the past. 

""When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world."

Edited by Vamdamas, 01 October 2019 - 02:23 PM.

Ciulpk Pimpala:)

HomesickForUs
HomesickForUs
    Rep
    I JUST ADVERTISE FOR OTHERS, I SELL NOTHING

Threads: 596

Five years registered

fuck dude, this is bad. i feel sad as well sir:(

as im getting into my first weeks of having economics on my subjects, ill quote my book:

"Entrepreneurship is the act of taking the 3 other factors of production, taking the risk, and combining them to maximise profit."

you man, youre the one that had the balls to take the risk and mix everything and anyone that was available and utilise them to the max. And you did. And I am really proud of you for that.

I may have not told you but you are who id like to be in the future. A passionate man with a fire burning inside of him to create. You took that fire inside of you, found the balls, and turned it into a product that collected a 6-figure amount of money for development and testing. That is not a small amount. And I admire you for that.

Even if i am some pixels on your screen, id like for you to know that you have helped me with actually getting a picture of who i want to be 10 years down the road. Someone with the passion and the balls to take up something this big.

Please do not think of this as a waste of time. This experience is something that literally the .1% has. That is going to prove very useful for you in the near future. Do not forget that. Plus it is definitely the reason youd get tons of great offers from offices all around the world.

I'd like to thank you for your contributions to this forum, and thank you for helping me understand what id like my life to be down the road.

wherever you are in life, you have a great group of friends here that will support you and will hear you out without thinking twice.

Thank you homesickerino <3 <3 <3

tha kratisoume epafi kai twra pou tha fugw apo athina, se euxaristw gia thn upostiriksi re file, pragmatika eisai... se euxaristw <3

Clout
Clout
    Rep
Threads: 341
Credits: 10

Six years registered

tha kratisoume epafi kai twra pou tha fugw apo athina, se euxaristw gia thn upostiriksi re file, pragmatika eisai... se euxaristw <3

exeis to disc mou man, 8a se perimenw a8hna gia mia mpyra na se kerasw <3 <3 

Check my bumping service here, it's the only thing I do right now and I do it properly.

I'm not really active and I dont do a lot of stuff nowadays, if you want to contact me then DM me on @CloutNTO on Telegram.

If you want me to reply, tell me exactly what you want before I open your messages.

HomesickForUs
HomesickForUs
    Rep
    I JUST ADVERTISE FOR OTHERS, I SELL NOTHING

Threads: 596

Five years registered

exeis to disc mou man, 8a se perimenw a8hna gia mia mpyra na se kerasw <3 <3

an den gineis pateras suntoma haha <3

NightBlue
NightBlue
    Rep
    Volibot

Threads: 45
Credits: 5

Eight years registered

Try again, fail better sir 

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpuu.sh%2Fy95dq%2Ffca92

Niemiau Is great person :joduscry:

Microxx is Kappa member Kappa

CoastalChain67
CoastalChain67
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 0
Four years registered

sorry to hear this but this can't be the end hm? 

goldvvs
goldvvs
    Rep
    Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
Threads: 0

Four years registered

sorry to hear this. minor setback for a major comeback. find the strength to back even harder and smarter than the last time. hope it all works out for you.