ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Raspberry Pi 3 B+

• Please log in to reply
Raspberry Pi 3 B+

SavageSales
SavageSales
    Rep
    It's 420 somewhere.

Threads: 116
Credits: 0

Six years registered
I'm interested in trying and learning it although I know zero coding / programming.

I know these were meant for learning, but is there a setup that teaches me to set it all up as I'm doing it rather than installing it all then doing it.

No particular uses atm.

Pr1m3v1L
Pr1m3v1L
    Rep
    LIVEVIL

Threads: 9

Five years registered

If you have not bought the Raspberry Pi yet, and you are currently using Windows, you may use Cygwin to simulate the Unix environment, which is basically how the Operating System will be if you were to use a Raspberry Pi since most of the OS are Debian-based.

Also, you should start with some simple programming language first. Python is a very easy and useful language to start with, as you can write many kind of scripts with it by using the abundant libraries available for it. There's two versions of Python, namely Python 2 and Python 3. I will strongly recommend you to pick up Python 3 immediately since Python 2 is getting deprecated soon. With Python 3, you may even go further into Machine Learning / Deep Learning if you're interested in those fields.

Afterwards, if you enjoy programming, try to advance further into Object-Oriented Language, such as Java and C++. This are also well-established and widely used programming languages. So knowing all of those will give you a solid programming groundwork.

All the best in your learning :D

FaithHF
FaithHF
    Rep
    SESH

Threads: 36

Seven years registered

Agree with the above.

But honestly, you should do some googling. There are literally hundreds of even thousands of guides on setting up a Pi easily. Like, come on, do some research. It's not a matter of 'asking to get the RIGHT information' because if you compare three guides, you'll see they're all almost identical.

That being said, a Pi is nothing more than a small computer. There's nothing you can do on a Pi that you an't do with a regular computer, whether it be a desktop or laptop. Unless you found a cool project on hackaday.io or something, you shouldn't need a Pi just to learn how to program. IF anything, I'd recommend getting yourself an Arduino Nano if you are interested in hardware interfacing options with GPIO.

Pi's aren't necessarily meant for learning. People tend to use them more for small embedded projects in which they need a bit more power than a simple 16mhz microprocessor. If you really want to learn, don't get a Pi, get yourself a book on programming instead for the same price.

tonu96
tonu96
    Rep
    Addicted

Threads: 6
Five years registered

Both previous responses are correct. A Pi is just a small computer. While they can be used for some hardware projects like Arduinos, the "learning" aspect they were intended for was for kids to learn to use computers by making a very inexpensive computer available to them. The foundation actually donates boards to this end as well. Setting these up initially is quite easy with instructions available on their site. You simply download your Linux distribution of choice to run on it, flash it to an SD card, and put that card and necessary peripherals on the Pi. You can even bypass the first two steps by purchasing an SD card with a distribution already on it, although this loses some flexibility of choice. There is even a Kali image available for download. Once you've done all this you simply have a Linux computer capable of most things any other computer could do with the added GPIO headers in case you are interested in hardware design as well.

Caffrey
Caffrey
    Rep

Threads: 4
Five years registered

It shouldn't be too hard. Google will bring you very far. 

Posted Image

lukeml
lukeml
    Rep

Threads: 0
Five years registered
I need to get one of those

MizuCG
MizuCG
    Rep
    Anywhere

• PipPip
Threads: 1
Five years registered

I recommend Orange-Pi because it's cheaper and components are cheaper too

image.svg

DoctorDoom
DoctorDoom
    Rep

Threads: 2
Six years registered

Man there are so many uses for a rasberry pi. 

Im personally wanting to make a old school nintendo emulator on one or just have it as a little personal PC. There are tons of great cases too. 

SwagManiac02
SwagManiac02
    Rep

• PipPip
Threads: 0
Five years registered

Guys I Got Good Cvv And Fullz With A Balance Of $6200 And Has 98% Validity Rate And 24Hours Replacement And Refund Policy. I Got All Country Updates Done And My Cards Never Hit Low

Jabber : Dumps_Mania@pruned_23358109.hot-chilli.net

Email: [email protected]

Telegram: @SwagManiac

?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

power12x
power12x
    Rep
    Addicted

• PipPipPipPipPip