ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

PEiD-0.95

• Please log in to reply
PEiD-0.95

duckarcher
duckarcher
    Rep
    Lurker

Threads: 1
Credits: 0
Five years registered

Introduction

Hello Guys,

This is my first post. I searched but did not find PEiD anywhere so I thought I should post this thread for the sake of people trying CTF Challenges. If it's there but did not see it, I am blind so my bad....

Also if my post is not well formatted or needs any kind of modification, you can let me know!

Official Description

PE iDentifier v0.95 (2008.11.03) by snaker, Qwerton, Jibz & xineohP
------------------------------------------------------

PEiD detects most common packers, cryptors and compilers for PE files. It can currently detect more than 600 different signatures in PE files.

PEiD is special in some aspects when compared to other identifiers already out there!

My Description

A very useful tool in order to decide which decompiler/debugger to use when reversing an exe or to detect if the exe is packed with upx etc. (Especially handy in CTF Challenges)

Example Screenshot:

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fwww.hacki

Based on the compiler detected, you can find the appropriate decompiler/debugger that will get the job done quickly and with efficiency!

For example: if .NET detected, you could use dnSpy (debugger) or ILSpy (.NET decompiler). Just google it and you will find what you need. (Github has the best tools....look for updated tools as well)

Download

1) Github link: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2) Softpedia link: 

3) My upload (anon file link): 

Disclaimer: This is not my software, nor I own the Github page and the Screenshot above. Credits go to others, I am just bringing it in here so others can find this useful tool too!

Cheers! :)

Azonto14
Azonto14
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 0
Credits: 0

Four years registered

Introduction

Hello Guys,

This is my first post. I searched but did not find PEiD anywhere so I thought I should post this thread for the sake of people trying CTF Challenges. If it's there but did not see it, I am blind so my bad....

Also if my post is not well formatted or needs any kind of modification, you can let me know!

Official Description

PE iDentifier v0.95 (2008.11.03) by snaker, Qwerton, Jibz & xineohP
------------------------------------------------------

PEiD detects most common packers, cryptors and compilers for PE files. It can currently detect more than 600 different signatures in PE files.

PEiD is special in some aspects when compared to other identifiers already out there!

My Description

A very useful tool in order to decide which decompiler/debugger to use when reversing an exe or to detect if the exe is packed with upx etc. (Especially handy in CTF Challenges)

Example Screenshot:

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fwww.hacki

Based on the compiler detected, you can find the appropriate decompiler/debugger that will get the job done quickly and with efficiency!

For example: if .NET detected, you could use dnSpy (debugger) or ILSpy (.NET decompiler). Just google it and you will find what you need. (Github has the best tools....look for updated tools as well)

Download

1) Github link: 

2) Softpedia link: 

3) My upload (anon file link): 

Disclaimer: This is not my software, nor I own the Github page and the Screenshot above. Credits go to others, I am just bringing it in here so others can find this useful tool too!

Cheers! :)

peid is the best packer detector in the market