ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Latest SNIPR update giving virus detection. False flag?

• Please log in to reply
Latest SNIPR update giving virus detection. False flag?

CRTV
CRTV
    Rep
    Away

Threads: 882
Credits: 0

Five years registered

Solid reply man, thank you.
I have a friend that's good with this stuff and he's agreed to look more into it later on for me. I guess at this point I just want a little piece of mind. 

Don't Be Shitty

-PM ME on HERE for my Discord-

REDSON28
REDSON28
    Rep
    Avenger

Threads: 1

Six years registered

I don't have SNIPR and I have no idea if there's actually a miner or just a piece of code that resembles one for detection so that people are scared to use a cracked version, I would trust PRAGMA on this.
Does the CPU have frequency spikes? How long do they last? Does it happen only when SNIPR is checking lists? Does it happen offline? Has anyone tried to monitor outbound connections, new processes?

yes he even had a miner on his site, you can see it with the nocoin chrome extension, not sure if its still there.. and ppl whos talking about a miner in the old cracked version guess what? i had snipr since version 1, the paid version had that miner too, it got cracked having the miner ppl found out so he had to remove it in the updated one and said only the cracked version has a miner, anyways my rdp got suspended for high cpu usage thanks @Pragma you can suspend my 10 licenses idc my pc isnt your slave.

CRTV
CRTV
    Rep
    Away

Five years registered

yes he even had a miner on his site, you can see it with the nocoin chrome extension, not sure if its still there.. and ppl whos talking about a miner in the old cracked version guess what? i had snipr since version 1, the paid version had that miner too, it got cracked having the miner ppl found out so he had to remove it in the updated one and said only the cracked version has a miner, anyways my rdp got suspended for high cpu usage thanks @Pragma you can suspend my 10 licenses idc my pc isnt your slave.

I haven't ran SNIPR again since all this and I own 3 licenses... 
Honestly, like I said before, I've never had any issues with SNIPR or Pragma, and I've always shown support for SNIPR but I've also never had every virus detector on my machine go off when I installed one of his updates. 
I understand false detections can happen and whatnot, but this is something that he's 'admitted' to, at least for the cracked versions but what I don't understand is if someone takes the time to crack SNIPR, why wouldn't they put in the little bit extra time to remove miner? 

Such a bummer that I'm having to second guess this because it's always been my go-to tool... 

Don't Be Shitty

REDSON28
REDSON28
    Rep
    Avenger

Threads: 1

Six years registered

I haven't ran SNIPR again since all this and I own 3 licenses... 
Honestly, like I said before, I've never had any issues with SNIPR or Pragma, and I've always shown support for SNIPR but I've also never had every virus detector on my machine go off when I installed one of his updates. 
I understand false detections can happen and whatnot, but this is something that he's 'admitted' to, at least for the cracked versions but what I don't understand is if someone takes the time to crack SNIPR, why wouldn't they put in the little bit extra time to remove miner? 

@Pragma claims its a false positive cuz the test version has a miner its relating to that, lol come on, each 1 change you make gives a different build with a different hash, how none of the previous versions showed a miner while the latest one did? @Pragma its not the first time you do this to take your words on it, you did it with the early releases and you did it on your site before

LilUziVert
LilUziVert
    Rep
    I dont really care if you cry.

Threads: 131

Seven years registered

@Pragma claims its a false positive cuz the test version has a miner its relating to that, lol come on, each 1 change you make gives a different build with a different hash, how none of the previous versions showed a miner while the latest one did? @Pragma its not the first time you do this to take your words on it, you did it with the early releases and you did it on your site before

"each 1 change you make gives a different build with a different hash"

no, exe's have things called a GUID which can be referenced. And by the way this whole test version thing was just a theory, I genuinely dont know why it gets detected as a miner. "how none of the previous versions showed a miner while the latest one did" Defender and kasperksy got to manually adding a detection? "its not the first time you do this to take your words on it" not sure what your saying here. "you did it with the early releases and you did it on your site before" with early releases yes, the 1 time with the trial/test build which directly stated it did so under extremely low speed so gtfo. and it was never done on any of my sites except a streaming website.

Got addicted to the road, got addicted to the stress.
Got addicted to the foreigns, got addicted to the racks.

sananla
sananla
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 0
Five years registered

ty

CRTV
CRTV
    Rep
    Away

Five years registered

"each 1 change you make gives a different build with a different hash"

no, exe's have things called a GUID which can be referenced. And by the way this whole test version thing was just a theory, I genuinely dont know why it gets detected as a miner. "how none of the previous versions showed a miner while the latest one did" Defender and kasperksy got to manually adding a detection? "its not the first time you do this to take your words on it" not sure what your saying here. "you did it with the early releases and you did it on your site before" with early releases yes, the 1 time with the trial/test build which directly stated it did so under extremely low speed so gtfo. and it was never done on any of my sites except a streaming website.

I literally can't open or even uninstall SNIPR any more unless virus detector and firewall are completely disabled. 

Don't Be Shitty

LilUziVert
LilUziVert
    Rep
    I dont really care if you cry.

Threads: 131

Seven years registered

I literally can't open or even uninstall SNIPR any more unless virus detector and firewall are completely disabled. 

Try download latest SNIPR-Installer exe, open it (Even if SNIPR is installed) and once its installed, you can then try uninstall.

But I dont see why you want to uninstall.

Anyhow why cant you open? Is it antivirus's blocking it?

Got addicted to the road, got addicted to the stress.
Got addicted to the foreigns, got addicted to the racks.

CRTV
CRTV
    Rep
    Away

Five years registered

Try download latest SNIPR-Installer exe, open it (Even if SNIPR is installed) and once its installed, you can then try uninstall.

But I dont see why you want to uninstall.

Anyhow why cant you open? Is it antivirus's blocking it?

Yes, Windows defender, COMODO  and Malware Bytes all stop it from running and uninstalling. 
I will check the latest version since I haven't used SNIPR in about 2 weeks now. Maybe the alerts are gone. 

Don't Be Shitty

PragmaisGay
PragmaisGay
    Rep
    Lurker

• Pip
Threads: 0
Four years registered
Hello,

Two days after this thread was made a letter was sent to me by my ISP Provider Virgin Media, saying I had been infected with malware.

This was about the same time I tried to reinstall SNIPR, coincidence?

Included a photo below:

https://i.ibb.co/bzn...-A9-FDEE811.jpg

Pragma gone rogue?