ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Python or C++

• Please log in to reply
Python or C++

LolipopSuckers
LolipopSuckers
    Rep

• PipPip
Threads: 4
Credits: 0
Five years registered

Which do you think will be more useful in the future? Which is more useful now? Thanks for the help :)

Sorano
Sorano
    Rep
    Adjutor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Threads: 207

Deal with caution
User has an open scam report.
Six years registered

What for ?

discord
discord
    Rep
    Veteran

Threads: 123

Six years registered

C# Kappa

LolipopSuckers
LolipopSuckers
    Rep

• PipPip
Five years registered

What for ?

Just in general. 

FaithHF
FaithHF
    Rep
    SESH

Threads: 36

Seven years registered

Completely different use cases. I'd bet a hundred that you didn't do any research before asking this question.

Python is for three kinds of people:

-Those who can program but want a quick prototyping language

-Those who know how servers work and want a new web developing environment

-Those who cannot program but need a language that they can do analysis or grunt work with (ie. data analysts, scientists, engineers, etc.)

Outside of those sorts of people, Python has no real use-case. Everything it can do it done better in almost any other language. After prototyping, people rewrite their code in C++, C#, Go, whatever. For larger data analysis, R, MatLab, functional programming languages or even FORTRAN will reign supreme since they're so fast at doing exactly what they do. For web devs, that's just up to preference, since PHP, R/R, and all sorts of other backends exist that do the exact same job.

As for C++, it's well-rounded, relatively safe in comparison to C, but also pretty difficult to pick up as a first language because of all the nuance and general differences that it has with other languages. Also, since it only runs natively, you'll also need to learn how a compiler works (or at least how to compile your code) instead of just plugging it into an interpreter like with Python.

LolipopSuckers
LolipopSuckers
    Rep

• PipPip
Five years registered

Completely different use cases. I'd bet a hundred that you didn't do any research before asking this question.

Python is for three kinds of people:
-Those who can program but want a quick prototyping language
-Those who know how servers work and want a new web developing environment
-Those who cannot program but need a language that they can do analysis or grunt work with (ie. data analysts, scientists, engineers, etc.)

Outside of those sorts of people, Python has no real use-case. Everything it can do it done better in almost any other language. After prototyping, people rewrite their code in C++, C#, Go, whatever. For larger data analysis, R, MatLab, functional programming languages or even FORTRAN will reign supreme since they're so fast at doing exactly what they do. For web devs, that's just up to preference, since PHP, R/R, and all sorts of other backends exist that do the exact same job.

As for C++, it's well-rounded, relatively safe in comparison to C, but also pretty difficult to pick up as a first language because of all the nuance and general differences that it has with other languages. Also, since it only runs natively, you'll also need to learn how a compiler works (or at least how to compile your code) instead of just plugging it into an interpreter like with Python.

This helped a ton, ty. What would you say I should start learning that would lead into C++ well?

lunana
lunana
    Rep

Threads: 1
Five years registered

Python!!!

Gongdai
Gongdai
    Rep
    Lurker

• Pip
Threads: 0
Five years registered

I would think that Python would be more widely used and taught.

Whereas C++ will be less learned but still widely used, hence i think C++ has better career prospect. 

remaje
remaje
    Rep
    Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
Threads: 3
Eight years registered

C# Kappa

Hey, i'm doing little project in c# windows form app and i had code which i wrote in console app. The problem is, code which is written in console which should show in console window how much usernames i've scraped doesn't work in windows form app simply doesn't show number and usernames.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also, how can i make everything scraped to be saved to listBox1 instead of showing into console?

Timmeehh
Timmeehh
    Rep
    Junkie

Threads: 10

Five years registered

I mean, it depends on a lot of stuff as is said before on this topic, but C++ is way too hard to start with if you never programmed before.