ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

What is SMTP and what to do with it

• Please log in to reply
What is SMTP and what to do with it

ffffasdlaskd
ffffasdlaskd
    Rep
    Junkie

Threads: 192
Credits: 0

Five years registered

If you want to make a social attack on the company, you will definitely need their email addresses. For example, having gained access to the company's clerk's mailbox and sending an infected letter from it to the head of the department, the probability of a successful hack is to strive for 100%. Or vice versa: infecting the computers of a printing company on t-shirts with miners, sending a poisonous message from their paint supplier (example made-up, honestly).

There are many options for collecting mailboxes, but what if you could get access to the company 's SMTP server and personally ask about their availability? I think you would be the happiest krasnoglazikom area.

Therefore, today on the channel I will tell you how to do it.

#SMTP

What is SMTP?

SMTP or S impleM ail T ransport P protocol is a 'server-to-server' protocol, working through port 25 . Usually, users use POP3 (port 110 ) or IMAP (port 143 ) to send messages via SMTP , and the latter, in turn, delivers them to the addressee. Obviously, there is a certain database of all mailboxes, so that SMTP knows the list of trusted users - we want to access it. To find the SMTP server, you can use Nmap or any other scanner. Look for the server open 25

1.jpg

m port - most likely it will be an SMTP server.

How to communicate with him?
The SMTP protocol (like any other protocol) has its own set of commands. Here are some of them:

· HELO IP / Domain name - Command for establishing a connection

· STARTTLS - Command for encrypting (via TLS ) all outgoing messages

· RCPT - Specify the recipient's mailbox

· DATA - Start sending a message

· RSET - Cancel message transmission

· MAIL - Specify the sender's mailbox

· QUIT- Close connection

· HELP - Help

· AUTH - User authentication

· VRFY - Find out if the specified mailbox exists

We are looking for mailboxes
Now that we know what this SMTP is , we can start breaking it.

First you need to know if we can connect to the server. Run the following command in the KaliLinux terminal

Code:

telnet 192.168.1.101 25

2.jpg

As you can see, we managed to connect.

Now we use the commands we have already learned to communicate with the server.

Code:

> VRFY sys

3.jpg

As you can see in the screenshot, I tried to find users: sys , admin , administrator , nullbyte , root . Of these, only sys and root were successful - excellent.

But sometimes luck may not be on our side ... wouldn't the script be able to do it for us? Glory omni, such already exists.

It is called “ smtp-user-enum” and is installed by default in Kali Linux. Syntax of use through the terminal:

4.jpg

Code:

smtp-user-enum -M VRFY -U <userlist> -t <target IP>

You can also use man smtp-user-enum to learn more. With this utility in the bosom, we just have to download some dictionary and just substitute as an argument (instead of <userlist> ). I use the dictionary built into Kali Linux

Code:

smtp-user-enum -M VRFY -U / usr / sharefern-wifi-cracker / extras / wordlist -t 192.168.1.101

As you can see, the scanning has begun. And here the utility has already completed its work. As a result, I found as many as 11 (!) Mailboxes, which are asking for hacking. I hope your catch will be no less successful.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Jonatanmmejia
Jonatanmmejia
    Rep

• PipPip
Threads: 0
Five years registered

B)  B)  gracias Bro!!!!  <3  <3 <3

rare
rare
    Rep
    Veteran

Threads: 82

Six years registered

really hq, where did you find this?

i do not condone any illegal activities in any way shape or form, all content is for educational purposes only