ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Get PhonicMind.com for free?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
Get PhonicMind.com for free?

Mheadows
Mheadows
    Rep
    Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
Threads: 2
Credits: 0
Seven years registered

let's see if this one works. tia

Stan2012
Stan2012
    Rep
    Lurker

Threads: 0
Four years registered

I figured a method:

Method:

Thanks, just replying to see the method

dyvess
dyvess
    Rep
    Lurker

Four years registered

I figured a method:

Method:.

shyildir
shyildir
    Rep
    Lurker

• Pip
Four years registered

I figured a method:

Method:

imeldacelajes
imeldacelajes
    Rep
    Lurker

Four years registered
Wow! This is amazing

terry1996
terry1996
    Rep
    Lurker

Four years registered

Gotta try this now..

gametagz
gametagz
    Rep
    Lurker

Four years registered

Trying this :) thank you

jewelzverne
jewelzverne
    Rep
    Lurker

Four years registered

Literally tried the 30 second trick you did thinking it would work only to be foiled with that 7 second bs lol.  Replying to see the trick around that

lifeislifha
lifeislifha
    Rep
    Lurker

Four years registered

amazing

jewelzverne
jewelzverne
    Rep
    Lurker

Four years registered

Wanted to follow up with my experience trying the method suggested by OP for anyone still following this thread.

In terms of quality, the free preview files are 100% worth it as long as your original file is lossless quality, 320kbps mp3 for free is nothing to cry about, and volume and eq are spot on.  I only had to raise overall volume by a couple db in ableton to get a true loud and clear sounding acapella that fit my project needs.

In terms of the actual method though... it is certainly time consuming.  It took almost 3 hours to get all the 30 second segments for a 4 and a half minute song.  I have 70mbps upload 70 download for internet speed, which isn't lightning fast but definitely not slow either.. I think it is more their servers throttling the prep time for previews. 

I chopped up the 4.5 minute song into a 2 minute and 2.5 minute segment since their algorithm spits out (below), so this split gave me the most covered ground per upload.

30 seconds for >2 minutes

15 seconds for 1 - 2 minutes

7 seconds for <1 minute

minimum of 20 seconds required (this is what gets annoying af)

The first say 30 minutes of the 3 hour process made phenomenal progress, quality was great, download speed no problem no adware or expired links to worry about, and processing speed was anywhere from 1-2 minutes and so I forged ahead, getting around 1.2 of the first 2 minutes and 1.5 of the second 2.5 minutes segment in that first half hour.  I had used my 5 free uploads so I made the account with an email address to keep the uploads going.

The next 1.5 hours go way downhill on the progress meter.  The processing speeds start to get slower and slower, taking around double average time now (2-4 minutes).  I delete the old uploads since they had the same file name (not sure if changing file name may trick it at this part, didn't try) but I could definitely tell they were starting to throttle me at this point.  On top of all this... the previews are starting to become extremely repetitive... like taking the exact same parts of the song every time with only about 5 seconds of variance.  And of course it took trial and error (2-3 times) for each segment of my song to figure this wasn't going to change.

I then figured however that the algorithm was never taking the last parts of the file as a preview, only the first halves... Eventually I worked around this by further chopping my songs into 1 minute segments, and beating the 2 minute rule by adding 1 minute of silence to the end (you can do this in audacity, ableton, virtual dj to name a few).  This seemed to work perfectly and I made a lot more progress, to the point that I was only missing a 3 second segment and a 7 second segment out of all 4.5 minutes!  The 3 second segment was luckily part of the chorus, so I was able to splice that from another section with the full chorus no problem.

Now for the most frustrating final hour.  I couldn't get the last 7 seconds for the life of me.   I broke down to literally the 7 seconds I needed and tried to upload that, only to be told it had to be at least 20 seconds.  So I repeated the similar workaround, I added 6 seconds of silence before and after to make 20.  Still couldn't get it, and upload times took forever despite it being such a small file size.  Eventually I am told I hit my upload limit :( After reading their FAQ i realize that you only get 20 file uploads with a created account (not sure if they changed this in the year since the OP, or if OP got lucky on his tries and never ran into the 20 upload limit issue.)  Sooooo, I finally get around this by making a second account with another email address and get 20 more free uploads (and somehow got the last 7 seconds on the very first try with new account).  

Hope this helps future readers of this thread.  Overall I would say its worth it if you have time to kill and really feel like beating the system/not paying the 4 dollars or whatever,  but in reality it took almost 3 hours and I would've almost rather forked over the money for the time value lol.  At least I have 19 more preview uploads with my 2nd account so I can see if I can refine and make the process faster now that I've learned the system more.