ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

HTC Vive broke

• Please log in to reply
HTC Vive broke

DefconFive
DefconFive
    Rep
    Nothing To See Here

Threads: 6
Credits: 0

Six years registered

so my HTC Vive quit working the other day...I think it's just a bad hdmi in the 3 in 1 cable so hopefully this new one that's coming tomorrow fixes it. Customer support hasn't even responded to my emails after almost a week so imma be pissed if it doesn't.  Also 40 FREAKING DOLLARS FOR A NEW 3 IN 1 CABLE YOU KIDDING ME HTC?!? 

UPDATE: My vive now works again! No thanks to Vive support who literally didn't help me at all...

Edited by DefconFive, 14 February 2018 - 02:24 AM.

"Every story ever told really happened, stories are where memories go when they're forgotten" - 12th Doctor

JhonnyBE
JhonnyBE
    Rep
    Advanced Member

Six years registered

Should've gone for A oculus.. I had both tbh, Oculus, controllers are FREAKIN' amazing, while on the Vive they suck dick. Really.. lol

I had a problem with my Oculus rift, and support helped me. I got my problem fixed in half an hour. They replied in about 10 min after every email.

So there support is top notch. No doubt about that. 

Maybe a stupid question, but why not wait for a HTC Vive Pro? 

Only thing, but really the only thing why I should take the Vive over the Rift is because the sensors on the Vive which are noticable better. And they are wireless  :P

Oculus is here the winner for me. + It's cheaper :)

DefconFive
DefconFive
    Rep
    Nothing To See Here

Six years registered

Should've gone for A oculus.. I had both tbh, Oculus, controllers are FREAKIN' amazing, while on the Vive they suck dick. Really.. lol

I had a problem with my Oculus rift, and support helped me. I got my problem fixed in half an hour. They replied in about 10 min after every email.

So there support is top notch. No doubt about that. 

Maybe a stupid question, but why not wait for a HTC Vive Pro? 

Only thing, but really the only thing why I should take the Vive over the Rift is because the sensors on the Vive which are noticable better. And they are wireless  :P

Oculus is here the winner for me. + It's cheaper :)

I've only ever used Vives live chat but decided to email them thinking i'd get better help that way instead of just going through trouble shooting that i'd already done myself. and I when I bought mine the Vive pro wasn't even announced yet I got mine about three months ago but if I had heard anything about the vive pro I would have waited on getting mine so kind of pissed about that but hopefully I can just buy the vive itself at a discounted price instead of spending another $600+ for new base stations and controllers. I actually really like the Vive controllers i've always heard they're better than the rifts and that the tracking on vive is better but then rift got some base stations to so I'm actually not sure anymore. Also vive is releasing a wireless adapter so I can play without wires streaming across my room which is gonna be super cool! tbh though the rift was actually my first choice even though I wanted a vive because it was always cheaper but when they brough down the price of a vive I thought "go for the one you want now". Kinda ridiculous it semi dies three months after I get it though when I haven't been rough with it all.

"Every story ever told really happened, stories are where memories go when they're forgotten" - 12th Doctor

xMozzyx
xMozzyx
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 2
Six years registered

feels bad man

DefconFive
DefconFive
    Rep
    Nothing To See Here

Six years registered

UPDATE: Vive now works again! feelsgoodman

MortalWombat
MortalWombat
    Rep

Threads: 1
Six years registered

Nice! Sad how HTC support didn't help you out at all though :/ I'd expect more from a company you paid 800 dollars to! They should really get their support act together.

DefconFive
DefconFive
    Rep
    Nothing To See Here

Six years registered

Nice! Sad how HTC support didn't help you out at all though :/ I'd expect more from a company you paid 800 dollars to! They should really get their support act together.

fr though! and the live chat support is good I was expecting the email support to be just as good! Haven't spent quite 800 on it but got pretty close. 

MortalWombat
MortalWombat
    Rep

Threads: 1
Six years registered

fr though! and the live chat support is good I was expecting the email support to be just as good! Haven't spent quite 800 on it but got pretty close. 

Ah right forgot when they lowered the price

DefconFive
DefconFive
    Rep
    Nothing To See Here

Six years registered

Ah right forgot when they lowered the price

yeah it's about 600 now but I also bought the deluxe audio strap with it (so much better and more comfortable than just using my headphones) which was an extra $100 but of course 3 months later they announced the vive pro which comes with that audio strap already on it...

rakelto
rakelto
    Rep

Threads: 0
Eight years registered

lol that sucks, glad its working now again tho