Hello everyone ! Welcome to this very simple 3DS modding guide !
Also works for 2DS, 2DS XL, 3DS XL, New 3DS and New 3DS XL !
If you follow this guide carefully, you will end up with a modded 3DS and will be capable of :
- Getting free games directly from your console with an app called freeShop
- Having a custom theme for your Home Menu and a splash image showing up when you boot your console
- Playing some user-created games (like Portal or Doom !)
- Emulating some old consoles directly from your 3DS or even booting Linux !
- Playing out-of-region games
- Cheating on all games, online included on most of them (Pokemon S/M and Mario Kart included)
- And much more !
What you need to access all this awesomeness :
- Not being a leecher (booh !)
- A lot of time, because doing all the process in one go is really recommended
- Being capable of reading and following a guide. This one might seem obvious, but believe me : If you don't, you're just going to break your console.
- Depending on your 3DS' firmware version and original region, you might need a paid eShop game (rarely more than 5 bucks tho, and it's really worth it, besides it's only on certain firmwares)
- Depending on your 3DS' firmware version and original region, you might need a paid flashcard. That kind of stuff does not cost much, and if you have to use one, at least the installation will be much easier than with nothing.
- Some 3DS firmwares are just no compatible, but remember to check the guide at least once a month, as the 3DS hacking scene is very active : They might find something for you.
- (Optionnal) : A bigger SD/MicroSD card than the one that comes with your console, if you wish to install a lot of games.
Remember to drop a like if this guide helped you (and I hope it does !) !
Edited by AlternisDim, 11 October 2017 - 08:20 PM.