ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

My Thoughts About WoW and Tera (and other MMOs?)

• Please log in to reply
My Thoughts About WoW and Tera (and other MMOs?)

dajongamer
dajongamer
    Rep
    u got smth u wanna say, say it 2 my face

Threads: 2
Credits: 0
Eight years registered

This post is for everyone, and can be useful if you wish to start playing any of the games I give my thoughts about.

Hi! My name is dajongamer and I am making this post to give my thoughts about some of the very many MMORPGS that people still play of course.
First of all I would like to say, I played MMOs since I can remember and I've reached 2,2k rating in World of Warcraft. I also played lots of other MMOs such as Tera, Fiesta, Archage and many more.
I also want to apologize if there is a simular post to this but I can't read every post that is made.

Now, I would like to start of with WoW (World of Warcraft).
The game in general is very well made and deserves in my opinion the number 1 spot of ALL MMORPGS.
You might want to know why? Well first of all, the game has the best structure I've ever seen, the world is built to a point that no game could beat it. The graphics are not the best but are really great considering the world size. Now something impressive has to be the Quest Lines. The quest line is mostly unique since you can literally start anywhere noob friendly which means that you can Choose your line and in the end you get to the finish point, but of course you need to complete the beginner quests first. The game is very noob friendly at first, but gets more difficult later on. It is fairly easy to level up, might get a bit tricky when you get higher (85-90, 90-100) depending on your experience with MMOs and WoW.

I would like to point some things out here.

+ Pros +
- Great quest lines.
- Great world structure
- Decent to great community, a lot of friendly player who will help you.
- Great classes and races to choose between.
- Great level-up system.
- Very good support, helped me every time quickly..
- Lots of more stuff that I can't think of now.

+ Neutral point - 
- In the latest expansion, the game has gotten more noob friendly, which some people dislike, but some people also like.
- The game offers a level 90 boost if you would buy/pre-order the latest expansion, which offers many noobs to jump straight up to the top. I dislike this but some people like this as you skip all the grinding.
- In World of Warcraft, you can now buy tokens which allows you to sell them for gold or exchange them for gametime. They cost roughly 30k - 40k gold ingame and roughly 20 dollars IRL. You can basicly buy gold legaly.

- Cons -
- The game has more bots than ever, even they rolled out a few ban waves, the botting continues.
. The gold is worth far less the further you go, since the bots greed so much on gold.
- The game can empty your wallet as it is NOT free to play.
- I said the community was good but it can also be really bad sometimes

If YOU have something more to say about World of Warcraft, feel free to add anything in the comment section below.
Moving on to Tera.

Now.. Tera is a great game! The graphics are really good for a(n) MMORPG. The game offers a simular character creation as WoW with a few differences. The quest line gets boring quickly since if you want to create a new character, you don't get any different line. They are all the same (What I've noticed) and I'm not so sure you can choose a different path later on. The game is free to play, but offers so many things to buy for IRL money. The world is big and offers alot of side-quests. The classes are not so balanced and can get VERY powerful.

+ Pros +

- The game offers many different classes, each class has something unique.
- The game offers many different races, not as many as WoW but still.
- Great graphics.
- Great structure of the world.

+ Neutral Point -
- The game has a decent, perhaps a little dull quest line, but it gets fun at max level.
- Bigger grind than WoW, some people like it, some people don't. I dislike the super long grind tho.
- The game is free to play.

- Cons -
- The game can also empty your wallet, it is free to play but it's tempting to buy stuff.
- At some servers, the community can be mean or not so helpful,
but the community can also be very good!

- Overpowered classes.

Now this was my thoughts about WoW and Tera. If you have anything to add about WoW or Tera or simply any other game to you like or prefer, feel free to post in the comment section below! As you may see, I am not experienced with Tera as I am with WoW but these are just my assumptions and thoughts.

If you liked this post, don't be a LEECHER and UPVOTE this post! It only takes 1 second of your ~2,840,123,340 seconds!!

There_is_no_need_to_be_upset.gif

BigKingVaybe
BigKingVaybe
    Rep
    gotta go doge

Threads: 0
Eight years registered

thank you for this, i was thinking about getting WoW. 

I have a better image of the game now. :)

An upvote would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

dajongamer
dajongamer
    Rep

Eight years registered

I would highly suggest you trying out WoW for the 7 day trial. If you like it you can buy it! If you have a friend or friends to play with, you can do amazing things and have the greatest moment ever.  B)

BigKingVaybe
BigKingVaybe
    Rep
    gotta go doge

Threads: 0
Eight years registered

i am definitly going to try that out. thanks mate ! ;)

An upvote would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

dajongamer
dajongamer
    Rep

Eight years registered

i am definitly going to try that out. thanks mate ! ;)

You're very welcome, and enjoy it while it lasts!

bleudrayne
bleudrayne
    Rep
    Addicted

Threads: 6
Eight years registered

i always hesitated about playing wow, i'll probabaly test on private servers before making the switch ty tho for the insight

dajongamer
dajongamer
    Rep

Eight years registered

i always hesitated about playing wow, i'll probabaly test on private servers before making the switch ty tho for the insight

Starting on private servers is a good plan, but it's way funnier to play the real thing! Good luck  FrankerZ

dajongamer
dajongamer
    Rep

Eight years registered

I also wanna add, I'm not as experienced with Tera as I am with WoW, but I played enough to give insight in Tera.

coolxxxcool
coolxxxcool
    Rep

Eight years registered

I highly recommend you to try guild wars 2. It's beautifull game with great world and mechanic, like WoW but better in my opinion.

+REP if you like my content  :3

dajongamer
dajongamer
    Rep

Eight years registered

I highly recommend you to try guild wars 2. It's beautifull game with great world and mechanic, like WoW but better in my opinion.

Thanks for the recommendation! I will take a closer look into the game, last time I checked tho it was really expensive and my wallet will go RIP again!  :joduscry: