ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Crypto Gaming

• Please log in to reply
Crypto Gaming

Virax
Virax
    Rep
    Stay Dangerous

Threads: 20
Credits: 0

User has joined recently.
Make sure to use a MiddleMan.
Two years registered

cb2daf6521a782d8d0397564b63fafb9.png

Crypto gaming is the hot new buzz phrase right now -- aside from NFTs, that is. If you don't know what that means, don't worry, you're certainly not alone.

Crypto gaming is essentially the idea of integrating NFTs, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology into pre-existing gaming systems and genres such as card games, MMOs, puzzles, shooters, etc. There's a variety of ways to go about this and I think the company or project that manages to integrate them in the most creative way while still retaining a natural feel will probably be one of the first to blow up and stay big.

There have been a few projects already that went semi-mainstream like Crypto Kitties and Axie Infinity or even Crypto Blades, and we saw players really dig into these titles in substantial numbers. We also see AAA publishing companies like EA/Activision investing millions of dollars into crypto gaming projects already. Not to mention the concept of play-to-earn has been around for a long time, it just has never been done correctly. I think this may be the shining moment for the genre to break into mainstream.

There are hundreds of projects in development, alpha and beta stages such as Gods Unchained, Upland, The Sandbox, Splinterlands, etc.

I see this going far and honestly being the new direction for an otherwise incredibly stale gaming industry that has been locked into a loop of recycling the same crap for 90% of the year in a desperate attempt to milk their playerbases for all they can. Yes, there are gems here and there but most good stuff nowadays is purely indie developers. What do you guys think? Massive potential or just a silly hype fad?

Edited by Dehyped, 23 December 2021 - 04:56 PM.