ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Can you cook frozen chicken in a standard pressure cooker?

• Please log in to reply
Can you cook frozen chicken in a standard pressure cooker?

sun31
sun31
    Rep
    Lurker

Threads: 1
Credits: 0
Three years registered

This is NOT an instant pot. It's a standard pressure cooker where you lock the lid down and it goes on the stovetop with the little weight you put on the steam valve, etc. But when I try and look up information, there are directions and recommendations everywhere for an instant pot. I became so frustrated that I was shouting at my screen, "I don't have an instant pot! It's an old fashioned pressure cooker!"192.168.0.1 192.168.o.1 192.168.1.128

I just want to know if it's safe to cook frozen (or partially thawed) meat - in this particular case, chicken - in my pressure cooker. I'm a little intimidated by this thing, as I've never used one before. But tomorrow I would like to cook a chicken leg quarter and vegetables, but I just took the chicken out of the freezer and it may not be completely thawed by then.

Plus, any tips for using a standard pressure cooker would be appreciated.

Edited by sun31, 19 March 2021 - 07:57 AM.

Magilp
Magilp
    Rep
    ==

Threads: 399
Credits: 40

Six years registered

@Skrippy

==

Skrippy
Skrippy
    Rep
    :sleep:

Threads: 218
Credits: 0

Three years registered

Yes you can Kappa

about tips: just try to not make it go boom ( don't put it so much on fire :Fappa: ) 

This is NOT an instant pot. It's a standard pressure cooker where you lock the lid down and it goes on the stovetop with the little weight you put on the steam valve, etc. But when I try and look up information, there are directions and recommendations everywhere for an instant pot. I became so frustrated that I was shouting at my screen, "I don't have an instant pot! It's an old fashioned pressure cooker!"

I just want to know if it's safe to cook frozen (or partially thawed) meat - in this particular case, chicken - in my pressure cooker. I'm a little intimidated by this thing, as I've never used one before. But tomorrow I would like to cook a chicken leg quarter and vegetables, but I just took the chicken out of the freezer and it may not be completely thawed by then.

Plus, any tips for using a standard pressure cooker would be appreciated.