ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

amazon help

• Please log in to reply
amazon help

Meekz1
Meekz1
    Rep

Threads: 1
Credits: 0
Four years registered

hi, new to the forum so not sure if I'm posting in the right place. 

Anyway being from leak forum I did a typical se with amazon by purchasing an iPad and replacing it with a like for like one which is faulty, however this time around they have sent me an email saying that they received the item but the iPad was destroyed and in very used condition and that the serial number did not match but I am not sure how they are saying this as A, the iPad screen was damaged internally somehow and had no external damage and as the screen did not work, I don't understand how they can check serial number as it does not be printed on the outside of the iPad. I was wondering If I am screwed or is there anyway around it. it says on the email that if they believe I have received this in error that I can email them and clarify my order activity to them but not sure if that can backfire from previous se's.

so any help would be appreciated thanks

facwe
facwe
    Rep
    Canadian Boxing Service

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
Threads: 44

Deal with caution
User has an open scam report.
Four years registered

What I would recommend is calling them or responding back to their email and explaining this. Tell them you are a busy man and don't have time for nonsense and explain to them that the screen was perfect on the outside prior to shipping it out and that you are offended that they are assuimg you are lying to them. Try to make them feel bad and act like they are going to lose a loyal customer. Say you work 12 hours and have a family to feed is a common excuse. GL 

Meekz1
Meekz1
    Rep

Four years registered

What I would recommend is calling them or responding back to their email and explaining this. Tell them you are a busy man and don't have time for nonsense and explain to them that the screen was perfect on the outside prior to shipping it out and that you are offended that they are assuimg you are lying to them. Try to make them feel bad and act like they are going to lose a loyal customer. Say you work 12 hours and have a family to feed is a common excuse. GL 

what about addressing the issue they are saying with the serial number? should I just blank that bit?

facwe
facwe
    Rep
    Canadian Boxing Service

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
Threads: 44

Deal with caution
User has an open scam report.
Four years registered

what about addressing the issue they are saying with the serial number? should I just blank that bit?

Well you said the ipad doesn't have a SN on the back so obviously they are wrong on that so explain that to them and act frustrated but NOT ANGRY at them. just disappointed. 

Pidaga
Pidaga
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 0

Four years registered

I ran into a similar issue before when doing it with a PS4 Pro, didn't feel like doing much so I charged back by contacting my bank and telling them about the issue, they asked me for some details like tracking number for the package and everything. I told them I returned the product the way it arrived and I instantly got a refund from amazon because they normally can't do much about bank charge backs as the bank normally sides with the buyer and not the seller.

Meekz1
Meekz1
    Rep

Four years registered

I ran into a similar issue before when doing it with a PS4 Pro, didn't feel like doing much so I charged back by contacting my bank and telling them about the issue, they asked me for some details like tracking number for the package and everything. I told them I returned the product the way it arrived and I instantly got a refund from amazon because they normally can't do much about bank charge backs as the bank normally sides with the buyer and not the seller.

can you do this when you have paid by debit not credit card?

Pidaga
Pidaga
    Rep

• PipPipPip
Threads: 0

Four years registered

Yes as long as it's tied to a proper bank provider like US Bank, Wells Fargo, Capital one, etc.

NaomiLapaglia
NaomiLapaglia
    Rep
    Refunder & Investor

Threads: 26

Four years registered

can you do this when you have paid by debit not credit card?

Yes of course, its whoever your card issuer is, they'll always side with you.

Always message before doing a trade with me!

Discord: Jahseh#2763

Meekz1
Meekz1
    Rep

Four years registered

Yes of course, its whoever your card issuer is, they'll always side with you.

did your amazon account get closed after this?

coolmaster12
coolmaster12
    Rep
    The Conquestor

Threads: 4
Three years registered

when the serial numbers don't match as vailidated by their team they are going to believe them more over you, they probably won't give you your money back.